Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Mapping modified_date to NX

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

I'd like to add the ability to display the date modified, in the NX assembly navigator, for components in an assembly.

I found this in the solution center:

Displaying the last saved date in the NX Manager Assembly Navigator

Looking at our mapping file, it is slightly different, and since the above article was written in 2009, I thought I'd run it past you here.

This is what our mapping for that section would look like, and the lack of quotes around MODIFIED_DATE, is what has me concerned.  Should I be?

{ Dataset type="UGMASTER"
    "DB_PART_NAME" : Item.object_name /write_once /description="Part Name"
    "DB_PART_DESC" : Item.object_desc /write_once /description="Part Description"
     MODIFIED_DATE : last_mod_date /description="Last Mod Date"

{ Item type="CGR4_Item"
        "site" : Item.cgr4_Site /description="site"
        "Year" : Item.cgr4_Year /description="Year"
        "SectionComplex" : Item.cgr4_SectionComplex /master=iman /description="cgr4_SectionComplex_toNX"
        "MeasuredWeight" : ItemRevision.cgr4_MeasuredWeight /master=iman /description="Measured Weight"
        "IPN" : Item.cgr4_IPN /description="Internal Part Number"
        "CarType" : Item.cgr4_CarType /description="Car Type"
		"NX_Material" : ItemRevision.cgr4_Material /master=cad /description="Material"
    }

}
-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Mapping modified_date to NX

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
@DaveK

I would add just a little more: MODIFIED_DATE : last_mod_date /master=iman /description="Last Mod Date"

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

We are going to give that a whirl, should know if it works monday morning.  Thanks!

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 10

Siemens Esteemed Contributor Siemens Esteemed Contributor
Siemens Esteemed Contributor

@DaveK wrote:

I'd like to add the ability to display the date modified, in the NX assembly navigator, for components in an assembly.

I found this in the solution center:

Displaying the last saved date in the NX Manager Assembly Navigator

Looking at our mapping file, it is slightly different, and since the above article was written in 2009, I thought I'd run it past you here.

This is what our mapping for that section would look like, and the lack of quotes around MODIFIED_DATE, is what has me concerned.  Should I be?

Based on your other forum thread, I noticed that you're also looking at using the Teamcenter Preference "TC_NX_Additional_Columns".   The difference between your mapping file and the preference is that the mapping file adds MODIFIED_DATE as a Part Attribute to each part, versus just showing the property in an ANT column.  If you want to use the mapping file you'll need to manually configure the ANT to add the attribute as a column, whereas setting the preference should add the column to the list allowing you to just check it to enable the column.

The quotes around MODIFIED_DATE are not necessary in this case due the underscore.  It's not a bad practice to make sure they're there regardless and it won't affect the mapping.  Follow @RandyEllsworth's advice and add /master=iman, if not added this is set to /master=both (meaning that both CAD and Tc can write values to the property).

Regards, Ben