Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Methods for packaging and exporting data

Hello everyone, 

I am curious to know your methods of packaging data such as JT files, drawings, PDF's, attributes, and so on...to create something along the lines of a bid package or some sort of package for vendors and manufacturers.  Currently, we export all of this data manually, one at a time, and it can be quite user intensive and time consuming.  Im in search of a more efficient process to export or package data.  

Please share your thoughts!

Thanks in advance!

Jake
4 REPLIES

Re: Methods for packaging and exporting data

Teamcenter sells a module called Supplier Collaboration that's designed to allow vendors to respond to your company's RFQs, but the price to play is pretty steep. If all you're looking for is a method of getting all of the datasets under a particular item revision out in one (somewhat) neat package, you could look into using PLMXML Export.

If you select unconfiguredDataFilesExport as your transfer mode you'll get an XML file with some basic metadata, and the item revision's associated datasets' named references out in a location of your choosing. If the metadata doesn't include all of the properties you'd like to see, you can clone the OOTB transfer mode to a new one, create a new propertyset based on the one defined for unconfiguredDataFilesExport, and add in any additional properties you need.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

I have reviewed this solution and I appreciate your response.  Though I am not sure how to reconstruct the data contained in the PLMXML file unless the supplier has Teamcenter to import into their site.  This may be a stupid question, am I missing something?  What eles can be done with the XML file for the supplier to be able to view the actual data?

Thanks,

Jake

The lowest level (least expensive) of Supplier Collaboration is Briefcase Browser. It exports a package that the supplier can open/use. Its basically Teamcenter in a Browser. They can view meta data, BOM's and interact with CAD parts. They can add new parts or modify existing parts that you sent them. When they're done the send the Briefcase (*.bcz) back to you and you are able to import any modifications back into Teamcenter. Very slick.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

[ Edited ]

Thanks for your input Randy, I will look into this possible solution.

Thanks,

Jake