Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing notification from EPM-notify in signoff

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Hi

I have a small release workflow where I have signoff and want a corresponding notification with the comments from the signoff.

WF_sign_notifyWF_sign_notify WF_sign_notify

Neither EPM-notify or EPM-notify-report sends out any mail (have followed PLM00037 Workflow Designer page 381 and also tried adding handlers in multiple places).

WF_sign_notify_handler1WF_sign_notify_handler1 WF_sign_notify_handler1WF_sign_notify_handler2WF_sign_notify_handler2 WF_sign_notify_handler2

Internal TC mail works with envelope from one user to another and external has been tested with TC command and works.

WF_sign_notify_Org_User infoWF_sign_notify_Org_User info

Workflow initiater has external mail and preferences for Mail_OS... and Mail_internal... are both "true". I'm running the 11.2.3 VM with ArGoSoft mail server by M.Stulle.

I have no other clue why "notify" doesn't work other than something may be wrong with my workflow. So help is needed!

Br Peter

5 REPLIES

Re: Missing notification from EPM-notify in signoff

Genius
Genius

Hi Peter,

Please check your Organization Application->Persons->PersonName:

EmailAddress field need to be populated with fully qualified emailID like xyz@company.com

you can also take a look at your syslog for more clues.

Regards

Naveengm

Hi, thx for the reply. I have just added a shot from the org. with user and mail info.

As far as I know it is ok so it was more the workflow I would expect to have a flaw.

/Peter

Got a PM from RandyEllsworth who mentioned that I need to add -subject and -comment and that seem to do the trick. At least some mails is getting through but why this needs to be filled to send the notification I don't know.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Hello,

Try retaining epm-notify / epm-notify-report on start action (only) of perform-signoff task.

Starting TC 10.x (and in TC 11.x as well), I have come across the inconsistent behavior (of receiving emails on and off) when these handlers were placed on perform and complete action of perform-signoff task.

Harish

Yes you are right about placing EPM-notify on perform. And I noticed that EPM-notify also sends external mails as well where I thought that it was only TC mail. It is also a problem that EPM-notify-report only works on signoff which mean that you can't get the comment from the decision on condition in a mail.