Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing workflow release handler?

Pioneer
Pioneer

I'm configuring a release workflow in Teamcenter 11.4, and have a strange issue...looking at the documentation (PLM00037 workflow designer, page 257) it looks like the action handler meant to freeze/write protect workflow targets on workflow completion is named "ASBUILT-release-asbuilt-structure".

Trouble is, this handler is not in my list of available action handlers, and I cannot type it in manually either...any ideas? All other handlers I've needed to add have appeared in the drop-down list; this isn't something that requries BMIDE configuration is it? See screenshot for what i'm seeing. Any help greatly appreciated!

2 REPLIES

Re: Missing workflow release handler?

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
The ASBUILT handler is added when you add the ASBUILT Service Lifecycle modules (same as ASMAINTAINED) to your data model (and TEM). Applying a status will usually lock down the workflow targets.

You can force the freeze/write protect using EPM-set-rule-based-protection with a value of Vault if your experience applying a status is different than mine.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: Missing workflow release handler?

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks Randy, I'll give that a try.

I did some preliminary testing with the TCM Released and TC Default Baseline processes, and didn't think either of those actually applied write-protection once the status was applied. I just checked again though, and you're right. That's why I was looking for a handler to explicitly write-protect; I was making it too complicated, thank you!