Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifications upon release.

Legend
Legend

Hello,

Would it be possible to modify the default behaviour and configure Teamcenter so that the item revisions may be checked out/edited even after a Release has been assigned to them?

Thank you very much.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Modifications upon release. How to edit a Revision which contains a release status.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@PLMFan - I've had this request in the past as well. I always suggest to do it via a workflow. Then you have more traceability on that modification. In the task of the workflow, you can open up the ACL's in context to the workflow to that user only. Once it exits the workflow, the normal ACL's are continued. I don't have a copy of that ACL handy but can see what I can dig up later. Might be other posts here on the board as well about ACL's in workflows.

Jamie Griffis | Teamcenter Architect | Applied CAx, LLC

Re: Modifications upon release. How to edit a Revision which contains a release status.

Phenom
Phenom

@PLMFanI hope you enjoyed your holiday, hope it was to binary. 

Anyway, I 2nd what @Jamie_Griffis says.

But,if you dont want to do it via a worklfow, then either modify the status branch of the Access Manager tree to grant write access (this will apply to all objects not just revisions though......).

Or, create a new branch above the existing status branch along the lines of:

Has Class (ItemRevision) 

- Has Status()

and create an ACL which grants access user(s) you want to.

It goes without saying though....Test, test, test and test again :-)

Rich

Richard Bennett
PLM Consultant
www.ProspectPLM.co.uk

Legend
Legend

Jamie, Richard. Thank you very much indeed.