Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Ms Office integration for AWC

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
There are so many work-arounds and issues w/the OOS, which can only be installed via Deployment Center, that I've abandoned this approach (hoped for a truly zero-install AWC) and resorted to installing the TcClientAppLauncher on every work station.

For instance, the creation of a sponsorable user, Office Sponsor (oowsponsor), added to the Sponsor and dba groups.
Features installed via DC: Teamcenter Office online and Teamcenter Office online Web Service.
Redeploy awc.war and tc.war
Validate (post install) the Tc pref OfficeOnlineWopiHostURL = http://<hostname>:7009/TcOOWeb/api/wopi
Open permissions to Everyone w/Full Access to C:\inetpub\tcooroot folder (my biggest heartache)
Missing features in IIS for .NET 4.6 (not 3.5) and ISAPI. Missing Global.asax and required DLL's in tcooroot\TcOOWeb. And the list goes on...

Likely you will need extensive help from GTAC to get this working. I stopped after the IT department refused to open permissions for everyone to the web application root folder.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Re: Ms Office integration for AWC

Legend
Legend

Hi @RandyEllsworth ,

@RandyEllsworth wrote:
There are so many work-arounds and issues w/the OOS, which can only be installed via Deployment Center, that I've abandoned this approach (hoped for a truly zero-install AWC) and resorted to installing the TcClientAppLauncher on every work station.

I have the same feeling as you. But the installation might be changing in the near future. Since Teamcenter 12.2, there are some interesting features in TEM (without any DC involved) :

* Teamcenter Office Online.

* Teamcenter Office Online Connection.

* Teamcenter Office Online Web service.

If TEM is patched with AW&EWI(although EWI does not work at all with TC12.2), there'll be a client feature :

feature.ooviewerclient (with a prerequisite of teamcenter office online).

However, there's nothing in the documentation (I think ?) about OOS installation from TEM and it does not answer to all the needed workarounds you talked about.

For your information !

best regards,

Frédéric.