Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multi-Site without ODS?

Hello,
I'm new to Multi-Site.
Is it possible to set up Multi-Site collaboration without ODS?
'Export --> Remote' command in Rich client interface requires destination site, not ODS. So this command uses IDSM only without creating record about object in ODS, right?

4 REPLIES

Re: Multi-Site without ODS?

If you're using IDSM then you should also use ODS. ODS is like the card index at the library. It records where each book is so that you can go find it. There are other methods for multisite communication besides ODS/IDSM but they depend on your Tc version. ODS/IDSM is one of the oldest methods, next came Global Services (GS), the latest is Teamcenter Integration Framework (TcIF).
Some documents that you should read are:
- Multi-Site Collaboration
- Application Registry
- Platform Extensibility Configuration
- Global Services Customization
- Data Exchange
You can find these docs at https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hello mr. Ellsworth,

Thank you for your reply. I'm reading the Multi-Site Collaboration guide now and I will read all the documents you mentioned.
As I understood there are different types of Multi-Site operations, publish/unpublish and remote import/export. Publishing makes a record about object in ODS. But it seems to me the remote export doesn't make such a record. Am I right?

What is the bigger problem you are trying to solve by implementing traditional multi-site without ODS?

ODS helps the users to search an item by ID and determine which site owns/has the item..

[ Edited ]

Hello mss,

I just try to understand how Multi-Site works. I learn Multi-Site and I was told that IDSM can work without ODS, but i didn't see that in TC 8.3 and TC 10 documentation.