Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Multi site planning

I have a couple of question about multi site planning.
Assuming the following scenario, I would like to know the system architecture overall.

Scenario is :
The company has three factory in all over the world. Let's say factory A is in China and factory B is in US and factoryC is in Japan. And that company would like to implement Teamcenter and they want the date to be shared by all the factory.

My questions is :
In that case, we have to use local DB and server because of technical restrictions and we have to create another DB and server to replicate/import/export all the data so that each factory can access to the data in that server. Is this understanding correct?

I would like to get some idea in this point.

11 REPLIES

Re: Multi site planning

Hello

I wanted make sure that I understand the constrainsts correctly. Are you saying that there are technical reasons for having multiple data bases or is that a question?

Ideally you should have least number of sites as possible, because more sites would mean higher maintenance. If there is a technical reason to separate the databases then you can use multi-site and then users can access their local sites.

I would also recommend considering Active Workspace if that is feasible for you with perhaps one site. But this is clearly dependent on your specific use cases.

I can help better if you can divulge further details.

Best Regards

Projyal Dev

Thank you for your reply and I am new in teamcenter world. 

I am sorry for the confusion.

My question is :

In the case where multiple factories use Teamcenter to be used in each factories to create data and accsess to the same data, do we create DB and Server for Teamcenter in each factory?

Is it possible to prepare one single DB and server where any user in each factory can access to same data?

Hello

In multisite parlance, a site is roughly equal to a database.

If this is a new installation, I would suggest considering Active Workspace and a single site. If you think the network latency is too high for you to work with a single site only then consider multisite. Active Workspace client is browser based and therefore requires no installation.

If you decide to use multisite you would need multiple databases and corresponding Teamcenter servers.

So for all users to see all data you will have to make sure that the data are synchronized at proper frequency. Multisite offers both manual as well as automatic synchrinization. Needless to say that you will see some time lag before the sites are synchronized, depending on the data size, network latencies and other factors.

Maintaining additional sites is also a cost that needs to be considered.

Hope this helps.

Best Regards

Projyal Dev

[ Edited ]

Hello,

you have the option that all users connect to one Site (Database) by 4 Tier, and get an local Cache Server for the CAD data to get a bit more independent from the bandwith.

The only limitation is the latenzy and the bandwith. I think the recommodation is that the latzeny should be not higher than 160ms.

In the example which you provided it might be possible to set the Server to Japan and connect China and US by 4 Tier, but the connection is perhaps not good enough.

Hi, I also have the same scenario with Gimec. 

One of our possible customers have a plant in US. This plant already  has Teamcenter installed on them, and our customer here in Philippines would like to connect to them. Users here in PH are engineering designers and would want to upload/save files in TC which will then be reviewed/approved by the users from US.

My questions are:

1. What would be the required setup for this? Can AWS help in connecting PH to US? If yes, what can be the specific requirements for PH's network?

2. Which location should have license to grant access to PH users? Is it PH or US?

Hope you can help me on this... Smiley Happy Thank you!

Hello

What would be the required setup for this? Can AWS help in connecting PH to US? If yes, what can be the specific requirements for PH's network?

You would need to setup Active Workspace in the US and users in Phillipines will need web access to the site. Also recommend setting up a local FMS volume and cache and configure Store and Forward, for good response time, since users will be dealing with CAD files. For more on Store and Forward please see this link. I assume you are using NX .

Which location should have license to grant access to PH users? Is it PH or US?

Considering users are accessing through Active Workspace all users needs to be created in the US site and maintained there.

Best Regards

Projyal Dev

Hi Projyal,

Big thanks on your reply!

The customer actually uses CATIA and UG for their design. How about this by the way? Does US also need to install integrations on this CAD tools?

Also, upon receiving your reply, I immediately read documents regarding default local volumes, and Store and Forward... just want to ask (coz I'm still confused by now)

How will I be able to set the default local volume? I saw the attached photo on the link you sent... so far, I have seen this interface when I add users on TC during TCRS setup for presales demo...

If we have to implement this to the customer, how will I be able to set the default local volume? Do I have to install  TC corporate server?

Thanks,

Lyka

Lyka

Are you using Teamcenter or Teamcenter Rapid Start?

Best Regards

Projyal

Hi,

Sorry I didn't notice this specific question from your email.

I am using TCRS...

Regards,
Lyka