Did you mean: 

Re: Multi site planning

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi,

Please disregard my previous reply.

Here's the thing:

Customer's plant in US is using TC.

The TCRS I have mentioned was the environment I am using during pre-sales demo because that's what we are trying to market by now.

Also, is uploading of assembly possible with using AWS? 

Regards,

Lyka

Siemens Valued Contributor Siemens Valued Contributor
Siemens Valued Contributor

Use RAC and then go to the "Organization" application. You will need admin rights for this.

Here you can set the "default volume" and "default local volume" for both groups as well as individual users.

For more on volumes please see the File Management System in TDoc.

Best Regards

Projyal

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

I have question about multi site and also TcIF.

For your information, we have partner that is also using Teamcenter but different version.

For example we are in Singapore, and our partner in China is using TC11.4. We are now would like to do CAD data exchange.

The data exchange will be from Site A to Site B, and then goes back to Site A for a final version.

my question;

1. If it's one way data transfer from Site B to Site A using TCIF, does Site A require TCIF license?

2. if it's two way data transfer from both sites, both site requires TcIF license right?

Apart from TcIF, was there any other option for above collaboration to work?

Thanks

Hello Jiemas

You have not mentioned what version you are using. If you are two major versions away from 11.4 you can use multisite or Briefcase if the schemas are similar.

If the schemas are different you can use TcIF. TcIF licensing is based on Teamcenter Author licenses, though between two Teamcenters we would encourage you to use Multisite or Briefcase if the schemas are similar. By "similar" I mean that there is a common minimum denomiator which can be used for exchange.

Once you let me know the version and schema information, I can provide better guidance.

Best Regards

Projyal

Creator
Creator

Hi projyal,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Im an using TC11.2. The schema is a bit different, they are managing CAD BOM and EBOM separately, whereas in our system our CAD & EBOM are same.

How does multi site work? Do i have to login to their TC and do the work?

Creator
Creator
Hi projyal,

We are also looking at the least cost incurred for the data transfer to happen.

We have Teamcenter_Author license, but we never configure TcIF.

Responding to both your queries:

Multisite needs to be set up. You can find the documentation in the documentation. Home->Sharing Data->Multi-Site Collaboration.

You need not login to the other site. You may need to create certain groups or users that are common but no need to log into another system. Multisite provides both command line utilities as well as UI (RAC) commands to exchange data. You can perform search, remote check-in, remote check-out, replication among other options. Each site participating in the multisite federation needs a multisite license. Multisite will not work if the sites are disconnected. You can use Briefcase though. This is different from Briefcase Browser which is part of Supplier Collaboration. Briefcase is essentially a package, which contains metadata and files, that you can export from one site and import it into another. You can optionally provide edit options or transfer ownership to the target site. More on Briefcase in the TDOCS. Home->Sharing Data->Data Exchange->Teamcenter Data Exchange concepts and components->Siemens PLM Software birefcase.

TcIF licenses are based on author licenses, they are not included in author licenses. You need as many TcIF licenses as there are author users in your Teamcenter site. 

Creator
Creator

Hi projyal,

The strategy is to share document between two TCs (TC11.2 & TC 11.4).  The document  should be directly mapped from their TC to our TC without any intervention or manipulation. These documents are included (Documents, items, CAD Data).

2. What if the document is linked to VI?  Is it possible for direct interface?

Can you advise what shall be the best method in terms of data retrieval between these two teamcenter.

rgds,