Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX Start from Teamcenter to a share environment

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi Guys,

I got an environment here of NX Native with a share. In Teamcenter, the NX is always started without that share?

The Native share is started through a start script. How can i tell Teamcenter to Start NX with this start script and not from C:\Siemens\NX100 for example?

ho can i use start NX_custom123.bat for the NX start from Teamcenter?

Could not find an solution. 

2 REPLIES

Re: NX Start from Teamcenter to a share environment

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon,
When you start NX from the Teamcenter used start_nxmanager.bat, you can add your customizations to that file

Re: NX Start from Teamcenter to a share environment

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

As @ArthurRM states, start_nxmanager.bat is called when you launch NX from Teamcenter. The location of start_nxmanager.bat is stored in the registry HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\ugmportalfile\Shell\Open\command (ensure file path is correct).

The NXcustom folder structure (on your share in NX110library) contains Tc_start_NX110manager_mods.txt which describes what needs to be changed in Tc_start_NX110manager.bat. After making your changes to Tc_start_NX110manager.bat then replace the contents of start_nxmanager.bat with the contents of Tc_start_NX110manager.bat.

Now when you launch NX your site wide settings stored on your share will be called during startup.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4