Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NX template import util

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi experts,

Can anybody telll me what is significance of using -n=autogen arguement in tcin_template_setup.bat.

Gone through document but didn't get it.

%UGII_BASE_DIR%\templates\sample\tcin_template_setup.bat –u=<username> –p=<password> -n=autogen

Thanks

7 REPLIES

Re: NX template import util

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, as I understand it from the NX help, this parameter is needed for automatic generation of Item IDs when importing templates

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:tc_templates_install

Pioneer
Pioneer

Yeah thanks.

One more doubt,

I have pasted my custom templates(.prt files) in  "%UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugii\templates" location.

And i am executing utility " %UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugii\templates\sample\tcin_template_setup.bat –u=<username> –p=<password>" 

from document i understood that it creats added templates as items in teamcenter under NX Templates folder, but which is not happening in my case. I can see only empty NX Templates folder.

thanks

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
You have to edit the PAX file to add your custom templates. Pay attention to the Item type you want to use.
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12.0.2/nx_help#uid:index_tcint:id1299958:xid1130165:...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks @RandyEllsworth

In my case it is not even creating items for OOTB templates.Capture.JPGCapture1.JPGEmpty NX folder

Phenom
Phenom

It's strange, the import was completed without errors, try to search for Items by the date of the change, maybe the templates are loaded, but for some reason they do not fall into the NX Templates folder

Pioneer
Pioneer

@Arthur3 

Tried(searching) that also, single item has not created.

Then What may be the issue?

Thanks

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Templates have moved around a little in NX12. Also, you are running the script in the sample directory and there isn't anything in there to import. Try changing your directory before calling the script...
cd /d "C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 12.0\UGII\templates"
.\sample\tcin_template_setup.bat -u=infodba -p=infodba

That should grab all the nxdm_*.pax and associated prt files for import. You may want to create a separate directory and populate it with PAX/PRT files for import as the templates are a little scattered...

The standard templates and PAX files delivered with the software are in the following locations:
%UGII_BASE_DIR%\simulation\templates for CAE
%UGII_BASE_DIR%\mach\templates for CAM
%UGII_BASE_DIR%\cmm_inspection\templates for CMM Inspection Programming
%UGII_BASE_DIR%\ugii\templates for all other applications

Make sure you set the appropriate variables if using a 4tier connection...
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/12.0.2/nx_help/#uid:index_tcint:id1299958:xid1130165...

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4