cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Emails for Subscription Events

Phenom
Phenom

Hi,

I created some subscriptions for Check-out events on few Objects and Object-Class types. I have set all appropriate Preferences mentioned in the subscription admin document. Frequency for all subscriptions is "immediately".

After I performed checkout on several such objects, I can see several events created (with event_state=0) in Subscription Administration . But no emails have been sent; neither on TC-Mailbox or on specified email server ( SCM_notification_mode=3 i.e. deliver as both, SMTP email and User's inbox)

Does anyone have an idea what could be wrong ? I am using Tc 11.2.1.

Thanks!

8 REPLIES

Re: No Emails for Subscription Events

Phenom
Phenom

Started the daemon 'subscriptionmgrd' in a cmd on server and the emails were found in Subscription Messages folder under My Worklist.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

You may have to get your IT folks to setup a valid email account for whatever you've specified as the "From" sender.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Phenom
Phenom

Hi @ardenb, thanks for your response. I had already set the "Mail_OS_from_address" preference with my official email address. I have also checked all preferences containing *mail* and set appropriate values; but it's not working somehow!

Phenom
Phenom

Also, I have added valid email addresses to "Person" in Organization.

Solution Partner Legend
I meant you may have to get your IT folks to set up the account in Exchange.

Phenom
Phenom

in that case I will rather stop here, because it's not my main requirement to get the emails working. I am okay as the subscription is working. I have to replace the default SMTP_mail_notify handler with a custom one.

I was still trying to make emails work for my own learning or because it may be useful for future requiements. Thanks for your replies.

Solution Partner Legend

In that case, you could look into installing hMailServer and pointing to it instead of your company Exchange server. Look at https://www.hmailserver.com/ for more information.

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks @ardenb! I will look into it and update the results.