Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No previous dataset?

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I was looking for a previous dataset for an NX part, and the search came up empty.  I tried a different number, thinking it was operator error, but I had success then.  I know the item/item revision exit, but why no previous datasets?

Originally we had Teamcenter set to save 3, but that was bumped up to 5....could it be set to 0 for this particular dataset?  and if so, how would I change that?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
7 REPLIES

Re: No previous dataset?

Genius
Genius

Did you try searching in General search

Gears Phenom

General search only shows only the Item Master, no previous datasets.

-Dave

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, maybe I did not fully understand you when you select a data set in Teamcenter and open File -> Open With ... in the drop-down list you do not have previous versions of the data sets?

Gears Phenom

I do using that method, but not if I do a dataset search.  Strange.

-Dave

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
Check the preference QRY_dataset_display_option. A value of 1 will show all versions while a value of 2 will only show the latest version.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Gears Phenom

Confirmed, it is set to 1 for me.  I can also search for, and find older datasets for other parts, just this one was giving me trouble.

-Dave

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I would have suggested that someone had "Purged" the additional versions, which can happen in a workflow when releasing, or through the rich client interface (Edit > Purge), but you are able to see more versions using File > Open With... so the DS versions have not been purged.

Which means there is some kind of Access issue with the other versions of this DS somehow. You can try the same search logged in as infodba to see if its access related. I would call GTAC at this point.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4