Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nx Part family template - unable to launch part family dialog.

Creator
Creator
I am new to working on NX.
When I try to launch Tools - - part family menu in Nx11, I get an error message saying Item type is invalid for part family operations.
But that part is a part family template and I am able to launch the part family spreadsheet in Nx8.5 without any problem. According to another post in Siemens forum, DB_PART_TYPE should be same as the display name of the item type. Item type here is "Item". But the spreadsheet value has "ITEM". Because of this the part family dialog is not opening in NX11. But it is opening fine in Nx8.5. Any suggestion how this can be resolved in Nx11? How to correct the spreadsheet data without even opening the part family dialog?
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Nx Part family template - unable to launch part family dialog.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello, if you can open them in NX 8.5, can you change the value of DB_PART_TYPE from ITEM to Item in NX 8.5 and then try to open it in NX11?

Re: Nx Part family template - unable to launch part family dialog.

Creator
Creator

I accidentally noticed that the part family spreadsheet can be opened in NX11 in native mode, and is not working only in managed mode. I corrected the value and saved the part in NX11 native,  and I am able to open it again in NX11 integrated mode.

Once we go live with NX11, we will not get a chance to use NX8.5 to do this workaround.

Is there any way to find what are all the part family templates with incorrect DB_PART_TYPE value?