cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

OTW default setting

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I have one quetion. When I install the Teamcenter from OTW and open it, the default language is English.

But I would like to get the Japanese version as a default setting when I use the installed Teamcenter trough OTW. 

Is there any way to install the Japanese version Teamcenter?

4 REPLIES

Re: OTW default setting

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Plus I want the setting to be reflected on the all teamcenter installed through the OTW.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

There isn't a language setting in OTW since all the ones that are supported are installed at the same time. The default language is chosen by Java from your system regional language settings. Make sure to select Advanced and Regional Options when setting the language for the whole machine.

And specify language in IE: Tools > Internet Options > Language. You can force the web client language by using: http://<webserver>:8080/tc/webclient?lang=jp

Similarly, you can force the rich client natural language by providing a startup argument in the Desktop shortcut for portal.bat: C:\Siemens\4tOTW\rac\portal.bat -nl ja_JP
(Ref: language switches listed in Localization Guide).

Make sure to delete your client cache after changing the system language or adding/removing the nl switch: C:\Users\<username>\Teamcenter

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thank you so much.

But my OS setting and IE is already japanese setting..  So Can I understand that there is now way to install Japanese versoon OTW installation ?

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Add a startup argument in the Desktop shortcut for portal.bat:

C:\Siemens\4tOTW\rac\portal.bat -nl ja_JP

Make sure to delete your client cache after adding/removing the nl switch:

delete C:\Users\<username>\Teamcenter

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2