cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Office 365 integration to Teamcenter 11.2.3

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hi,

I'm wondering if Microsoft Office 365 is able to integrate to Teamcenter just as Microsoft Office 2013/2016 does?

Thank you.

6 REPLIES

Re: Office 365 integration to Teamcenter 11.2.3

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Are you working with a specific application in Teamcenter, or just asking generally? There are some exceptions to specific application integration, but generally, Teamcenter can work with Microsoft Office 365, in the RAC, in thin client and using Office Client, provided the Office applications are installed on the client. 

Check out details on the Microsoft tab in the integrations document, available here:

http://www.plm.automation.siemens.com/en_us/support/gtac/#lightview%26url=/en_us/Images/Integrations... Matrix%26description=%26docType=xlsx

Solution Partner Genius Solution Partner Genius
Solution Partner Genius

Hi,

Thank you for the prompt reply. I am asking generally, as I am used to integrating Microsoft Office 2013 but am new to Microsofts new model with Office 365. I now understand.

For a separate compatibility question (without opening a new thread) - is MS SQL Server 2016 supported for Teamcenter 11? I looked at the Hardware and Software certifications matrix but could only find MS SQL Server 2012 and 2014. 2014 is proving difficult to find and purchase and it seems as though Microsoft is phasing it out, so 2016 is the reasonable purchase to be "up to date". The question is if it is compatible with TC11?

Experimenter
Experimenter

I am sure that SQL server 2016 is compatible with 11.3.

Please check once again with 11.2.3. I hope it should be compatible.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
The latest platform matrix from GTAC shows that MS SQL Server 2016 (Std and Ent) are certified for Tc11.3 and above.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Pioneer
Pioneer

We had raised a simialr clarification to GTAC and below is the reponse we got. Hope this clarifies.

Response from GTAC

" What is Microsoft Office 365?

"Office 365" refers to subscription plans that include access to Office applications plus other productivity services that are enabled over the Internet (cloud services). ... The fully installed applications include: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, OneNote, Outlook, Publisher, and Access.

Teamcenter does not support the subscription service but instead supports the application provided with the subscription provided that it is downloaded and installed locally and not installed using the Click to Run method of installation Office 365 is a subscription service that includes the most recent version of Office, which currently is Office 2016. Microsoft Office 2016 integration is provided starting in 10.1.6 (Tc10.1.6.1_a01_2. patch) and 11.2.2, and includes the local, client install only.

Note: Siemens PLM supports a local client install of Microsoft Office 365 only. The OWA version of Microsoft Office is not open to customization or integration at this time and cannot be used with Teamcenter.

The current technology used to develop our Office Client (C#, .NET, VSTO) is entirely different than what is used for Office 365 (HTML, JavaScript). The current Office Client simply will not work with Office 365 as they are incompatible technologies.

Please check below links for more information on this-
https://products.office.com/en-us/business/microsoft-office-365-frequently-asked-questions
https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/office_integration__sharepoint/2016/06/23/determining-your-offic...

Support for Microsoft Office 365 is the subject of Enhancement and there are already some Enhancement Request."

Regards,

RS

Creator
Creator

There will be a "teamcenter" menu in the Office 365.

When you click "check in" in Office 365 , the file will download from Office 365 to a local catch, then upload to Teamcenter.

There will be a "open file in Office 365" command in Teamcenter.

When you click "open file in Office 365" in Teamcenter. the file will download to a local catch from Teamcenter, then upload to Office 365, and open in Office 365.