Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open in NX 11

Experimenter
Experimenter

HI all,

I am not a frequent user of Team Center but, to make a long story short we have a TEAMCENTER 10.1 License on my machine and NX 9. Today we installed NX 11 and kept the old version NX9.

Now when I  Click on "Open in NX" it openes NX 9, How do I configure Teamcenter "open in NX" to open NX11, 

Thank you,

Robert

7 REPLIES

Re: Open in NX 11

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

Double check to make sure your version of TC supports NX 11.

Open the teamcenter environment manager (TEM), uninstall the NX integration, run TEM again, reinstall NX integration (pointing to NX 11).

Experimenter
Experimenter

Thank you for your quick respond. As I mentioned before, I am not a frequent user of Teamcenter. This fell in my Lap against my will :). I was only able to launch TEM then after that I was lost; I'll call the tech support and have them walk me through it step by step.

Thank you,

Robert

Experimenter
Experimenter

Problem solved, Tech Support walked me through it. the problem was the option was burried under 15  layers of menus and NEXT clicks and finally

Maintencance >>> Configuration Maintence >>>Old Configuration >>>>Feature Maintenance>>>Features >>> then

<Extensions> >>>><Engineering Process Management>   <NX Manager For Rich Client>

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Welcome to Teamcenter administration and using TEM. Keep in mind that there are a couple flavors of TEM. There is a MEDIA TEM where TEM exists in the new/update software and there is a Maintenance TEM for modifying already installed software. Understanding this one point can save you many hours of frustration when reading the documentation. Again, Welcome!

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

Randy,

Thank you for your reply, My problem I am not familiar with TeamCenter even as a user,One day I was walking my own business and this whole thing fell in my lap and all of sudden I became a user and administrator.. Fun Fun stuff. I just wish there is more beginner tutorial out there on the web that would help me understand how this system works but every time I find some documentation for Teamcenter it’s 600 pages. I wish there is some step by step tutorials to help as user then as administrator.

Thank you,

Robert

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Yeah that is a problem. Teamcenter is massive and each section has its own guide of several hundred pages resulting in an entire shelf of documents. Knowing which document to search for answers isn't easy for sure. You can try Learning Center which, for a small fee, has online training that will walk you through some stuff. But if this is a permanent assignment then I recommend you take some formal Siemens courses to supplement the online work to set the foundation for you to build on. Engage with your reseller to recommend the best option for you.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Experimenter
Experimenter

will do,

Thank you