Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening Items from excel hyperlinks

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi everyone,

If we do "export objects to Excel" from details tab, then a hyperlink is generated which when clicked, open a ugs file which would open that object in TC rich client.

I have developed a ITK utility to extract some item revisions' information into excel and I want to link this information to teamcenter. 

Is there any way I can generate hyperlinks(same as that of "Export objects to excel") for extracted information from ITK or any other way through code?

Thanks in advance.:)

Nishant Kapoor, PLM Developer

Production: Teamcenter 11x, AWC 4.0

Development: C++, JAVA, XML, VBS Testing: Teamcenter 12, AWC 4.1
6 REPLIES

Re: Opening Items from excel hyperlinks

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

You may create a URL to a business object, not to its property values.

If you copy an object to Teamcenter RAC clipboard, then paste it to a text editor, you'll see this URL and can use it as a template for creation of URLs to other objects by substitution of the object's UID.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Yuri,

Thanks for reply. What you are suggesting is right and I am aware of this, but the problem is

1st: I need to do it by code.

2nd: If I paste the object in text editor it will look something like this:

/?-attach=true&-s=226TCSession&-o=BNNAAA25J0$HYAAAAAAAAAAAAAA&-sid=TcServer1&servername=########

The underlined value, I think may be the object tag.

I havn't checked it yet but if it is object Tag, I think I can work upon this in some way.

So if I change the object tag in the template and keep the other part as same..., Will it work?? I will check and return.

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
Yes, this is UID of the object. You may replace it by a puid value from pworkspaceobject table.

Experimenter
Experimenter

Actually I am not aware of puid and pworkspaceobject table. Can you please tell me where can I find it?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor
This is a database table containing records corresponding to the objects Workspaceobject class.
You may get the object UID by an API function, for example POM_tag_to_uid(), if you use ITK.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
It looks like the link was copied from a 2tier Rich Client which may not be the same format as what you need in code. The UID in the link is the first 13 chars. The last 14 chars (all "A") are db fillers and not part of the object UID. Good luck.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4