Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Opening Solidworks Drawings with Teamcenter

Hi guys,

I have a customer who has Solidworks Part's and drawings.

They want to import and open them in NX. 3D model is no problem but for Drawing as we all know, there's no option in opening them in NX.

They purchased Solidworks to NX Integration also.

Would it be possible to do that with it?

Cem

6 REPLIES

Re: Opening Solidworks Drawings with Teamcenter

[ Edited ]

Cem,

I think you have better chances of having this question answered in the NX Forum.

Just my 2 cents.

Cheers.

Teamcenter 10.1.3
TC Visualization 10.1.3 (Custom Patch)
NX:8.5 | NX 9.02 | Catia V5 R2012 | AutoCAD 2015 | In-Context Editor |

Mr. cem

Your condition the same with me.

NX user can view file SW Drawing from TC (using visualization) or from SW drawing check in into TC with dxf file or PDF file, so integration is look easy.

Thank you

Sudikin

integration NX10 and SW2015

We are in a similar situation, as we migrate from Solidworks to NX as a company.  We were told we could move the SW data into TC with the TC/SW Integration tool, and then there is an additional SW to NX Migration tool that we can get, which will convert the SW model (B-rep) and drawing into an NX model and drawing.

Note, we have not gotten that far with it yet.

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1

You can use the new CMM (Content Migration Manager) feature for Solidworks to NX, but it has some severe limitations in it's current release (i.e. no part history support, assembly configurations getting split into new separate Item IDs).

You can also use Multi-CAD functionality to convert the data.  This is what we are currently doing until the CMM tool is improved/fixed.  You do not even need to convert any Solidworks data unless you plan to work on it as NX can simply reuse the JT representation of the Solidworks data.  Then when you do need to convert to NX, it is simply a matter of opening the representative JT data in NX and saving it (as NX).  This works great for parts, ok for assys (you'll lose configurations other than the default one and constraints), and doesn't work at all for drawings.  But , you could set up the SW to DXF Dispatcher to create DXF files that can then be opened in NX, but they'll be 2D drawings only.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Hi Larry,
Where can one find the CMM feature for Solidworks to NX.

Regards
ion

Through your SPLM account rep.  He/she has to add it to your license configuration first (after paying them for it).  Then you can download it from their GTAC download server.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,