Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Opening of CREO parts

Creator
Creator

Hello All ,

I have a some queries related to CREO versions ,

Currently our Organization used Creo 2.0 M200 and our sister concern is using Creo 2.0 M240 .

1)Can I open a part from CREO2.0M240 on CREO 2.0M200 and save it.

2) Can I perform datashare between these 2 sites having different CREO patch versions.

Kindly suggest.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Opening of CREO parts

Siemens Genius Siemens Genius
Siemens Genius

Hi Sadiq,

Yes, Creo has always been upwardly and downwardly compatible, within the same major version.  You can open a Creo model last saved with any date code of Creo 2.0, and reopen it with any other date code of Creo 2.0.  The same is true for Creo 3, 4, and 5.  As far as I know, this remains true with Creo 6, although I have not personally verified it.

The above statement is based on actual experience.  For an 'official' position, you would need to contact PTC support.

Thx
Paul

Re: Opening of CREO parts

Creator
Creator

Hi Paul ,

Thanks a lot for replying , I have got the clarity now.

Thanks very much.

Regards,
Sadiq

@PaulAngier wrote:

Hi Sadiq,

Yes, Creo has always been upwardly and downwardly compatible, within the same major version.  You can open a Creo model last saved with any date code of Creo 2.0, and reopen it with any other date code of Creo 2.0.  The same is true for Creo 3, 4, and 5.  As far as I know, this remains true with Creo 6, although I have not personally verified it.

The above statement is based on actual experience.  For an 'official' position, you would need to contact PTC support.

Thx
Paul