cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Optimizing Teamcenter Client Performance

Phenom
Phenom

I've been going thru this document, and in section 2.3 it say, "The OOTB client file cache settings in the fmsmaster file are also set at basic level that will not support optimal performance for memory intensive applications such as CAD integrations. Specifically, the maximum read and write cache size on the clients will be addressed.".   Bold added by me...so using Tc 11, where would I find this fmsmaster file?

-Dave
NX 11 | Teamcenter 11 | Windows 8.1
5 REPLIES

Re: Optimizing Teamcenter Client Performance

Phenom
Phenom
It appears the file is named fcc.xml, and is in the tccs directory.
-Dave

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
The FMS Master is found in the TC_ROOT\fsc directory. There is usually one FMS Master for the whole environment. Every running FSC will copy the FMS Master locally when starting. You will need to ensure to only edit the FMS Master and not any of these slaves. They will have the naming format fmsmaster_<FSC_NAME>.xml. There will also be a <FSC_NAME>.xml file in the same directory. Review the end of this file for: <fscmaster serves="true" />.

You'll want to play with the <fccdefaults> section.
Note: By default there is no <fscdefaults> section. You can add one above the <fccdefaults> section.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Solution Partner Phenom
That file is only for "local" changes. The "global" changes are maintained in the <fccdefaults> section of the FMS Master.

Phenom
Phenom

So I can edit my local copy to test, and if it works, edit the master to feed it to everyone?

edit:  my goal is to improve performance for the CAD users, which may not be good for the less powerful computers, ie the memory allocation.  So maybe local changes would be better, and leave the system more general?

-Dave

Solution Partner Phenom
Yes you can modify the settings in fcc.xml (local) and then push those settings to the FMS Master <fccdefaults> for a global impact. You can also set overridable="false" in the FMS Master so that local settings are ignored and global settings are enforced.