Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Oracle CDB username issue with Teamcenter 12

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

I created oracle container database (CDB) for Teamcenter 12.

Username of  CDB must start with C##. But during Teamcenter 12 installation, TEM DB doese not allow special characters except underscores in DB username.

Any idea how to solve this problem ?

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Oracle CDB username issue with Teamcenter 12

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, at which of the stages he asks you to specify a user? I don't think Teamcenter should use a user starting with C##, usually this is the user infodba

https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/12/help#uid:xid1256814:index_server_win:partdbinstal...

Solution Partner Legend

Good Afternoon,

thanks for your reply.

It's strange, that the step, which you are looking for, is not mentioned in the documentation. The step, where username is asked, is on "Database Vault & Label Security" dialog box and it comes after step 15 of documentation link which you sent. Attached screenshot shows this step.

Solution Partner Legend
I think I should try this without configuring Vault .

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I think you're on the right path. Oracle Database Vault is required to protect application data from unauthorized access. And it seems he creates an additional scheme for his needs. I think you should skip it.

Creator
Creator
Hi,

you try to create the wrong type of user in oracle. For a CDB you differ common users that are visible in the CDB-Root and all PDBs, and they are prefixed with c##. The local users (=the normal ones) are only visible in the PDB they are created in:
https://docs.oracle.com/database/121/ADMQS/GUID-203758F6-7E8F-4F81-98D2-E69BA7705463.htm

The common user is used for special purposes, usually only for admin tasks.
You must create a local user for Teamcenter within a PDB. You probably have connected to the CDB instead of the PDB. That cause the oracle error, that users must begin with c##, as these are the only allowed users in a Root CDB.

You need a PDB as a first step. Either create one with DBCA prior to installing and point to it in the db connect or try it with the TEM installer and select, that you want to create and populate a new database. I haven't installed Teamcenter 12 on a CDB, so the last point is an assumption, that TEM offers that for CDBs. Pre-Creating a PDB with DBCA should be the safer route.

Kind Regards
Thomas

Solution Partner Legend

thanks @ArthurRM and @Tom321 for your replies.

Info from Tom helped me explore more about CDB/PDB. However I could not get how to make sure that when we connect through sqlplus, it should connect to PDB directly.

As CDB was an experimental feature for me, I went ahead with the normal DB.

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi,@Amol_XPLM

I‘m trying to install Teamcetenr12 based on Oracle CDB .

I want to know  if you can connect DB with sqlplus infodba/infodba@tc   similar like this in your environment

Neither do I connect CDB or PDB.

when I  connected  PDB  with sqlplus system/infodba@tc12,  the tc12 is pdb name, I  found the  PDB  had no  relatead  tables with tc , and  no infodba account.

Creator
Creator

Hi Anita,

for each PDB a database service with the same name is created, while the CDB has its own service name. You use that servicename to connect to the right CDB or PDB.

I assume you labeled the CDB "tc" and the PDB "tc12" in your environment? When prompted for the database connection infos in TEM you must use "tc12" as servicename to direct the installation to the PDB, to create the TC schema in that PDB.

Kind Regards

Thomas

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi,Thomas

In my environment,my CDB server name is tc,my PDB server name is uds;

when I use sqlplus system/infodba@tc to connect CDB ,that's OK.

when I use sqlplus system/infodba@uds to connect PDB ,that's OK.

but I use sqlplus infodba/infodba@uds to connect PDB,that's not OK with reporting the usename or passward was wrongconnect.png

then I found  in the pdb database ,the infodba account  was not created.

3.png

but I l check  the related infomation  in tc help document which said“Teamcenter Oracle database tablespaces and the infodba account are always created in the pluggable database”. I wonder where am i  wrong?

tchelp.png