Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDF on Save

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

When I save drawing on Teamcenter it does not create pdf automatically.

I found some properties on Customer Default -> Gateway -> Pdf Export, but that doesn't work.

9 REPLIES

Re: PDF on Save

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
File > Export > PDF relies on nxplot so you need to have "Plotting" installed. Check your NX syslog for UGII_CGM2PDF to ensure that the directory exists (e.g. C:\Program Files\Siemens\NX 11\nxplot\bin\pdf) and that cgm2pdf.exe exists in that directory.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Builder Solution Partner Builder
Solution Partner Builder

Thats great @RandyEllsworth!! 

Let me understand, when I save drawing the NX doesn't create pdf. We need to do that procedure for create pdf, right?

Solution Partner Phenom
Correct. You can save the CGM (check Save Options) and the CGM can be used to create a PDF (-pdf -nocgm). Or you can use File > New > PDF (from drafting) which leverages NX Plotting. Or if you have Teamcenter then Dispatcher can be leveraged to create the PDF.
References:
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:export_pdf
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:cgm2pdf_utility
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/nx/11.0.2/nx_help/#uid:xid280875

Pioneer
Pioneer
Hello,

Did your pdf exportation on save succeed ? Could you show me how to do please ? I followed steps that you and Randy talked about. I had nxplot, i have cgm2pdf, i also have CGM checked in save options. In fact, i can create a pdf file from a UGPart in Teamcenter by dispatcher, but i couldnot find a way to do the same thing from Save button in NX Interface.

Thank you for your help,
Thinh

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon, I also wonder if it is possible to create PDF automatically using the dispatcher when saving a drawing in Teamcenter

Solution Partner Phenom
Dispatcher is easy. The solution above describes how to set it up. SWIM/IPEM are even easier (they have their own translator/software). MSO takes a little more work.

Phenom
Phenom

Thanks for the answer Randy,
I want to understand if it is possible to generate PDF using the dispatcher when saving the prt file of NX without saving cgm?

Solution Partner Phenom
Yes, kinda. You have to use the cgm translator with "-pdf -nocgm" options. Default you will only get a cgm.

Phenom
Phenom

thanks, now it's clear, I think I need to read about the installation of a dispatcher and translator