Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLMXML - Migration

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Dear Listers,

We are doing an Teamcenter ( SOurce) to Teamcenter(Target) migration . Both the source and the target are on same versions and patch levels.

How ever the datamodel of the Target is bit different from Source. In the sense we would like to populate the data(Properties) on revision master form to  the properties on revision.

The schema in this case will be different for source and target. 

My question is is there a way we can translate the plmxml output of the source which matches the target.

Or any other suggetions that can be helpful.

Regards

Vilas

10 REPLIES

Re: PLMXML - Migration

Phenom
Phenom

Hello, what version of Teamcenter are you talking about? How much data are you going to transfer?
Try to look at the Teamcenter Integration Framework (TcIF), in any case, if you have different data models, you will need to configure the mapping between them

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Arthur,

Thanks for the reply.

We are migrating the data between Teamcenter Unified Version 10.1.7 to TCUS 10.1.7.

You mentioned about mapping between the two data-models? Are there any tools available that will help us achive this?

It is just a small amount of between 1000 and 2000 parts

Regards

Vilas

Phenom
Phenom

Good afternoon,
if you have access to the Teamcenter documentation you can read:

Teamcenter 10.1 Data Exchange Guide -> Chapter 7 Using the Mapping Designer
or better look for the version of the Data Exchange Guide for version 10.1.7

TcIF appeared, as far as I know only in version 10.1.4.

If your data models are not very significant, you can convert (edit exported) PLMXML for loading into another data model.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Also look at CSV2TCXML.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Vilas,

Is this just metadata from source to target? Or you are moving files as well? I ask because of how you'd need to export from the source. But migrating into the target I would always suggest CSV2TCXML to translate to TCXML for import.

Jamie

Experimenter
Experimenter
Hi Jamie, We are also moving files. Which includes UGparts as well along with PDFC, DOCS, Drawings etc... This is just a movement of 3K odd files. We would like to do an export using PLMXML , Parse PLMXML that alings to the new data model and do an PLMXML import on this. Regards Vilas

I think you'll need NX clone for UGparts to maintain the NX relationships?

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

When I am importing the assembly into NX(UG)-Version 8.5 direclty from the exported parts. The attached ascreen shots are the parts that are exported.

AS I import the import fails stating that for Eg:" 205042_a.prt and 205042_b.prt are invalid parts.". I have to put them in different folders and then import it works but it kills the assembly sanctity. Is there a way to avoid this and import everytjing with the same name from the same folder.

Attached the is exported UG parts.

Regards

Vilas

I have a lot of questions that could be answered if you attached the NX log for the failed import. Do they follow your naming rules, did you run part cleanup, are you using "Import an assembly into Teamcenter" command, etc.