Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PLMXML import ignore ExternalFile section

Solution Partner Pioneer Solution Partner Pioneer
Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi,

I have to change the property "fnd0InstanceAttrExMappings" for a lot of MSWordX datasets. For this, I would like to use PLMXML export\import for this. A transfermode is created with only a propertyset to add the property value of "fnd0InstanceAttrExMappings" to the xml-file.

After I changed the property value of "fnd0InstanceAttrExMappings" in the XML-file, I use this transermode to import the data in to TC:

2019-08-02 15_57_58-Clipboard.png

But the import will fail becauce it can't found the external file to import. For me there is no need to import the external file because only a change isn needed for property "fnd0InstanceAttrExMappings".

How can I ignore the import of the external file or how can I change my transfermode (for export) so that this information isn't add to the XML-file

Regards

Marcel van Leusden

7 REPLIES 7

Re: PLMXML import ignore ExternalFile section

@leusden what Transfermode are you using on the import?

Solution Partner Pioneer

Hi ,

The screendump which i put in my text is the Transfermode is jused.

@leusden ah, sorry, yes I see it.

Have you tried changing your first line in the import transfermode to:

CLASS, *, CLASS, *, ATTRIBUTE, fnd0InstanceAttrExMappings, PROCESS

?

Solution Partner Pioneer

CLASS, *, CLASS, *, ATTRIBUTE, fnd0InstanceAttrExMappings, PROCESS was no success. Still the same message "ExternalFile does not exist". But also the value of attribute "fnd0InstanceAttrExMappings" wasn't updated. Tried also:

CLASS, *, CLASS, *, CONTENT, *, SKIP ==> no affect.

@leusden please show me one example Dataset node from the XML file.  It sounds like you have an XML node attribute  point to an external file.  (If the attribute exits, you will need to remove the attribute that refers to the external file).

Solution Partner Pioneer

@CraigPoulson 

Yes in the XML file is the XML node attribute point to an external file is there. If I remove this note from the XML-file, it works. But i don't want to do this for 10000+ datasets. So if I can export the data without this extrenal file reference.

What closureRule line do I have to add to my transfermode to skip this reverence?

Solution Partner Pioneer

@CraigPoulson 

found the solution, created this closurerule:

2019-08-16 13_44_08-Clipboard.png

this will not add the external file reference to the xml file.