cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Patching Teamcenter

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello all,

We are patching our teamcenter tonight, we have both 2Tier and 4tier rich clients.  I believe I already know the answer to this question, I just need reassurance.  Do each of the 4Tier clients need to be patched via TEM individually as they do 2Tier?  Asking becuase we have many laptop clients outside of the office.  I am assuming they do since some files in the install dir need to be overwritten.

any and all input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jake
4 REPLIES

Re: Patching Teamcenter

Phenom
Phenom

Yes, some client-related files, like RAC-plugins are also updated while patching. So every client must be patched.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
If you use OTW then you only need to patch the client in INSWEB. The next time the client launches it will automatically download the patch. HOWEVER, if you are using TEM to install then EVERY client must be patched individually as @xplm2005 stated.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for your input! Very helpful!

I patched the server, and 2tier clients last night.  I'm working on creating a silent .bat to send out for our 4tier users.  

Jake

Pioneer
Pioneer

Why not creating a package of your 4T Client. This can be copied to the correct location by running a script by the the user