Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Solved! Go to solution

Pool Manager startup error

Pool manager was working recently and after some windows security updates on my windows server 2008 R2 (which was updated to SP1) , I get following error while pool manager startup:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PREF_report_result
PREF_report_import_operation_failed

Exception caught while parsing the file TC_DATA\tc_preferences.xml: 'PREF_report_operation_failed'

Exception caught while parsing the file TC_DATA\tc_solutions_preferences.xml: 'PREF_report_operation_failed'

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the end message saying tcserver1 published, but then web client login fails with error "No pool manager instance is available".

Any idea what went wrong ?

Thanks always for your support!

5 REPLIES

Re: Pool Manager startup error

I'd try to shut down TC environment again, delete all the temp files which are under %temp% and C:\temp directories on the pool server; restart the pool manager and web application servers, then log in the client to see if it helps.

Harley.

Try run your pool manager MANUALLY by double clicking mgrstart.bat, hope this will help..

Thanks for your responses.
I found that there were server with 2-Tier client and 4-Tier client installed on the same machine and FMS_HOME was pointing to 4-Tier installation.

I tried removing the FMS_HOME env variable and starting pool manager with the right FMS_HOME value in a batch file, so that both clients can work on the machine. That did not work.

Finally I had to set FMS_HOME as env variable and then pool manager was started successfully.

Any idea why FMS_HOME setting in batch file does not work ?
(I also set FMS_HOME lib and bin in PATH).
Solution
Solution
Accepted by topic author xplm2005
‎05-30-2017 03:26 AM

Force the setting of FMS_HOME in portal.bat for each of 2t and 4t installations by removing the "if not defined FMS_HOME" portion of "if not defined FMS_HOME set FMS_HOME=<your_path>\tccs" so that it just reads "set FMS_HOME=<your_path>\tccs"

The FCC continues to run after exiting the rich client so you'll also need to stop any running FCC service before starting the one correct for this environment. In portal.bat for each 2t/4t install, add "%FMS_HOME%\bin\fccstat -stop" after the java variables are set. e.g.

set JAVA_HOME=%TC_JRE_HOME%
set JRE_HOME=%TC_JRE_HOME%

%FMS_HOME%\bin\fccstat -stop

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Thanks Randy I will do that.