Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Precondition before Form creation to verify context

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi Experts

While creating a custom form, I need to validate if valid item revision and right folder('Reference Items' folder of ChangeRequestRev in our case) is selected.

As we don't have custom jar, I have to write server side code.

I am exploring pre-condition to implement this validation; however wondering how to get hold of parent context (context in which form will be created) selected by user?

Any pointers please.

3 REPLIES

Re: Precondition before Form creation to verify context

Legend
Legend

@Gunjan wrote:

While creating a custom form, I need to validate if valid item revision and right folder('Reference Items' folder of ChangeRequestRev in our case) is selected.

As we don't have custom jar, I have to write server side code.

I am exploring pre-condition to implement this validation; however wondering how to get hold of parent context (context in which form will be created) selected by user?

Any pointers please.

The selected object is part of the GUI, and as such you won't know it inside server side code. If your logic depends on the object that's being selected, then you will need to implement the check on client side.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Legend
Legend

You could add pre-condition on the GRM creation. in which, you will have access to the primary object, secondary object and the relation type. That should give you what you need.

---

Thanks and Regards

Yogesh Fegade

Pioneer
Pioneer
Right, this makes sense. Let me try and will keep you posted.

Thanks for hint.