Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent cut, in released item.

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Tc 11.2.3

I just accidentally "cut" a pdf from a released item revision.  I didn't think I'd be able to do this, if the item rev was released, so I'm wondering now what do I need to ask our Teamcenter admin change in our Teamcenter settings, to prevent this in the future?

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10
4 REPLIES 4

Re: Prevent cut, in released item.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, we use the IMAN_specification relation for PDF, you probably have it different and therefore lets you cut out the PDF. Perhaps there are other options for dealing with this issue, I also would like to know them

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The ability to add and remove relationships is controlled mainly by the GRM rules in force in the system.

For each combination of Primary Object, Relationship, Secondary object the GRM rule defines the cardinality of the relationship (1-1, 1-Many etc), and the attachability and detachability criteria.

For attachability and detachability the setting may be Unrestricted, or WriteAccessReq.

If the setting is Unrestricted then the relation may be added or removed no matter the state of the primary object.

If the setting is WriteAccessReq then you need write access to the primary.

Typically for a released Item Revision the Has Status() -> Vault rule in the access manager rule tree would deny write access, thus preventing the specified relations being added or removed.

Out of the box IMAN_specification has both attachability and detachability set to WriteAccessReq, so you should not be able too add or remove the specification relation for a released Item Revision.

On the other hand IMAN_manifestation has both attachability and detachability set to Unrestricted, so you will be able to add or remove manifestation relations no matter if the Item Revision is released or not.

The GRM rules are defined in BMIDE, and you (or your admins) can use BMIDE to interrogate the current set of rules and determine why you were able to cut the dataset, and determine the correct way forward for your business.

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Excellent explanation @jonathan_morris!

Manifestations are designed to be added/removed/changed despite the Item Revision being released. This is so UGPART or other manifestations can be changed. For instance, with CAM, the manufacturing engineer may need to regenerate the tool paths after changing out the tool due to wear which doesn't affect anything related to the model (UGMASTER).

If you don't want people messing with your PDF's then they should be changed to Specifications as mentioned by @ArthurRM.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

In this case, I could cut the PDF, but I could not paste the pdf back, so I don't think I could generate a new PDF from NX, but would have to test to verify.  I could understand if i could replace the PDF...in our case though, the PDF should be a snapshot in time, of the drawing in that item revision.

Thanks!  (hopefully the admin can make sense of this :)  )

-Dave
NX1867(if it had versions) | Teamcenter 11.6 | Windows 10