Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Print user input summary attributes

Hello All,

I have created a section under the summary tab of a custom item type.  The attributes relate to properties created in BMIDE for the custom item.  Users can define the property values or attributes by checking out the item and filling in the blanks.  I am looking for a way to print these attributes or export them to a Word or Excel document.  If I have the object selected, and go to file -> print, in the dialog box I can select "Object Properties".  This will put all object properties into a table which can be saved to a user specified file or printed.  The attributes or propery values I wish to be able to print are included in this table, though I wish to be able to print or export the custom properties only.  Does anyone know of a way to do this?

Capture.PNG

Thanks in advance!

Jake
4 REPLIES

Re: Print user input summary attributes

This is kinda a kludge. You can set up the columns in the Detail view and Print or Export to Excel from there. Otherwise you'll need to create a Report (Report Builder). The Detail view is faster.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

@RandyEllsworth  Thanks for your reply! 

I have tried both of these options, they both work although I am looking for something slightly different.  Do you think an Excel export template would work as well?

Thanks,

Jake

Excel Live would work but you wouldn't want to give all your users Excel Live. It's too dangerous/powerful. You could give it to a few users that you trust? Is that what you're looking for?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

I was thinking more along the lines of a RequirementsManagement export Template.  Live excel would probably work as well.  Thanks so much for your input @RandyEllsworth!

Jake