Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Print witch Workflow process

Genius
Genius

Hello,

I going to make workflow process to print all pdf`s and xls`s objects in a targets but cant find any handler to do this. In a Help i find some information about "TCRS-Create-Print-Requests" but I dont have it in handler list.

Somene did something similary or have an idea how to do this, if yes please shere it.

Will be very pleasure !

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7
4 REPLIES

Re: Print witch Workflow process

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Hello,

As there is no OOTB doing the printing directly I see two options:

1. Do the printing via dispatcher and invoke the job with TSTK-CreateTranslationRequest handler.

2. Try to configure EPM-run-external-command. This handler allows you to export datafiles to a folder on the server and then run a script. But it needs deployment of a LOV and some scripting.

xtof

Genius
Genius

Thanks, will try do yours suggestions.

SE ST9 + TC 10.1.7

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Most companies like to avoid printing but if yours truely needs a printed package as a handler with each release then you might want to invest in a third party tool that can resolve the issue, is maintained, and has a few extra tricks like batch printing on-demand. BCT EasyPlot.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Genius
Genius

Hi

We use Doc4TC from Seal Systems. Factsheet-DOC4TC-Teamcenter-en.pdf

That can print, convert including stamping of printouts or watermarks on PDFs.

We use it at the moment to convert MS Office files into PDF so we have one common format for pritning.

Then we have a custom dialog for the users to traverse a structure and show all the PDF's so the user can select which shall be printed.

The printing it self we use Dispacher and VisPrint.

In near future we will also enable Doc4TC to be used for batch print but it's not yet implemented.