Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Problem with AS-Built Structure

[ Edited ]

Hi together! Smiley Happy

I have a problem with AS-Built Structures. I can generate them from neutral structures. But the subfolders are missing (> picture).

Do you know, where the problem is?

(Teamcenter 10.1.3)

Best Regards

Tobi

7 REPLIES

Re: Problem with AS-Built Structure

Hi

Firstly I think the parts need to be traceable=true(See the PLF located below the part object). Also there is a level or similar in the Generate dialog

BR

Frank 

Hi Frank,

thanks for the quick answer!

I checked the Parts Logistics Form and traceable is set "true" (standard).

The level in de genarte dialog is also set to "all" (standard).

I can't find the mistake Smiley Sad

Best regards

Tobi

Hi Tobi

In your screenshot the traceable value is set to False on all the child parts. Please try to change the values in the columns. 

BR

Frank

Thank you very much for the hint! You're right, this has to be the problem Smiley Happy

I tried to change the values, but it doesn't work out. Do you know how I can do that?

I added the "Part Logistics Form" to the neutral part in the following way:

Application MyTeamcenter --> Select 001411/A;1-E-Bike_GPD --> New Form --> Parts Logistics Form --> Create

Is this the problem?

BR Tobi!

Hi

AFAIK you need to set the Neutral Part to be in this case Part(done in the BMIDE I think). The system i worked with created the PLF automatically upon Part creation. That may not be the OOTB behaviour...

Try and have a look at the PLF on the top part vs one on the children to see if you can spot a difference. Somehow it is able to read the top PLF but not the childrens PLF.

BR

Frank

Hi,

Thanks for the answer!

Could you please explain your idea a little bit more detailled to me?

Do I have to create a “part“ from my “neutral part“ with BMIDE?

And during this procedure the PLF ist created automaticly for the part (and its subparts)?

Sry for the dumb questions, i am a TC-beginner.

BR Tobi

[ Edited ]

Hi,

There are no dumb questions only dumb answersSmiley Happy

The Neutral part is defined by setting the "IsMRONeutralType" on the Part object in BMIDE. It is located under the section for Business Constants.

I thought that the PLF would automatically be created on Neutral Parts but it may have been specialy configured on the system I used a year ago. I cannot test this because I don't currently have MRO installed.

BR

Frank