Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Property Stylesheet doesn't visualize unicode

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

A question to all who using an UTF-8 Teamcenter (11.4) environment. When we put multi-byte characters like Japanese or Chinese signs to e.g. the description attribute of an standard Item or Item Revision object, it shows the correct signs in summary stylesheet and localization window. But open the 'view Properties' window, Teamcenter visiualizes only blank boxes. Open the 'print opject properties' window, the visualization is correct in both HTML and TEXT.

Does anybody can confirm this bahavior? If yes, I'm going to raise a GTAC call.

Michael
Teamcenter UA | NX CAD
6 REPLIES 6

Re: Property Stylesheet doesn't visualize unicode

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Good afternoon, @Michael_Ruhnke I will try to help you, I still have a Teamcenter Test Environment with UTF-8, but a little later I'm busy now.

Gears Phenom

@Michael_Ruhnke I confirm this behavior:

rendering_utf8.png

Solution Partner Legend

Thanks @ArthurRM

IR 9241816 created

Michael
Teamcenter UA | NX CAD

Gears Phenom

Can I watch your IR on the GTAC knowing its number or not? Is it possible to watch other (not your own) IR and PR knowing their number?
I tried to enter it into the search (Call Number) I press Ctrl button and click on the selected Sold-to will deselect the Sold-to, but I do not find anything.

Solution Partner Legend

Hm - probably not, but I keep you informed.

Michael
Teamcenter UA | NX CAD

Solution Partner Legend

I added a new line to the customer.properties:

# Add multibyte character support in an English rich client
   UseDefaultSwingFonts=true

It works fine for me.

-------answer on IR 9241816---------------------------------------------------------

please see the below extract from the documentation PR-9229455:

Software Versions/Configuration:
================================
Teamcenter 11.2.2.1

Description of Problem:
=======================
The current documentation section "Choose a display language for the rich client" states following work around in case you have problems displaying multibyte characters correctly:
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.5/help/#uid:v7_rc_choose_lang
"If you find that Asian multibyte characters do not display correctly in the rich client, set your system font to a font that supports Asian multibyte characters. For example, on Microsoft Windows systems, the Arial Unicode MS font can be set to Message Box to correct this problem."

This work around is no longer valid because starting from Windows 10 Creators Update, Microsoft removed the OOTB possibility to change the font of the Message Box. It can now only be changed by modification to the registry or by running third party applications that perform the modifications.

The current supported work around is to use the setting UseDefaultSwingFonts=true
01 Add following lines to the portal_user.properties file:
UseDefaultSwingFonts=true
02 Run %tc_root%\portal\registry\genreg
This is already documented in the "Add multibyte character support in an English rich client":
https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/tdoc/tc/11.5/help/#uid:xid684059

The documentation section "Choose a display language for the rich client" should be updated stating that the work around is no longer valid in latest Windows 10 clients and a reference can be added to the "Add multibyte character support in an English rich client"

Kind regards,
GTAC EMEA - Product Support

Michael
Teamcenter UA | NX CAD