Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Property is not modifiable - different behavior in environments

We are having a custom property and trying to modify the property through OOTB handler - EPM-set-property.

Property constant - Modifiable for this property is marked as 'Read' as per model.xml file and DB table. Irrespective of this, we are able to modify this property in one environment.

We have another environment which is cloned from previous one. If we try modify that property in this environment, this fails by saying 'Property is not modifiable'.

There is no difference in schema.. not finding difference in property constant attach's table in DB.  no difference is model.xml file as well...

any idea why does it behave differently? The strange thing is - the property is modifiable though its corresponding property constant - Modifiable is marked as 'Read' in schema.

3 REPLIES

Re: Property is not modifiable - different behavior in environments

* UPDATE*

If i use bypass option in the EPM-set-property, then i am able to modify it, thought the property constant is defined as 'Read'.

Hi Rajesh,

Property Business Constant Modifiable = Read will still allow the values to be editable via Workflow's & Programming. If you do not want the user to never change it, then set it to Modifiable=Write Only IF Null.

This would restrict the Workflow Process from modifying this property.

Regards,

Arun

Thanks Arun. I want this property to be modifiable through code, but in one environment its working fine nd in another its giving the problem.

Our binaries are same.. schema remains same.