Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Property to fill a dynamic participant

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

I believe this was raised as an ER 7717750 against 11.2.1.

Fnd0ParticipantEligibility constant: Need to evaluate multiple group/role combos

Please enhance the Fnd0ParticipantEligibility property constant. Presently it only evaluates a single group/role combination. We need support for multiple group/role combinations.

You'll need to contact GTAC to get the current status, but I've not spotted anything in the release notes so I suspect it's still open.

Solution Partner Valued Contributor Solution Partner Valued Contributor
Solution Partner Valued Contributor

Hi 

Is there a way to render the information in the Stylesheet for the Custom Participants in the same way it appears for the OOTB participants ie; a link displaying combination of group /role/ user  ?

Ambuj

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

A dynamic Participant is defined in RAC with the option Assign Participants and will be assigned to the Object. 

You should define this option in the Stylesheet of the object. You can check in the workflow if this participant is defined and if not create a DO task with instruction on how to define the participant

Some customers want to use the dynamic participant depending on the project. In that case you have to write some customizing. You define a user with a specific role in TC Project and this user will be assigned as the correct particpant to the object

Highlighted

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the info. We did some customizing for defining the participants based on role in project.

I will try this handler also

Pioneer
Pioneer

Ambuj,

Did you ever get an answer to your posted question?

"Is there a way to render the information in the Stylesheet for the Custom Participants in the same way it appears for the OOTB participants ie; a link displaying combination of group /role/ user?"

Hi Pahuntr

Yes, I know the way to render the value similar to the way in OOTB.

However, I was able to render only single values, but for multiple values it did not work.

If you are facing any issue related to rendering the single value. DO the following

Create a custom compound property and the value in it should be as follows:

ChangeItemRevision.HasParticipant

<CUSTOM PARTICIPANT>.assignee

You will need to put this property in the stylesheet to show the value as link.

Cheers

Ambuj

Phenom
Phenom

For participants with mutiple assignees, as an alternative to customization or a runtime property, you can use the stylesheet ObjectSet element with source set as HasParticipant.ChangeReviewBoard.

You can just add assignee attribute to the property column list something like below

<objectSet source = "HasParticipant.ChangeReviewBoard" defaultdisplay = "tableDisplay" >
<tableDisplay>
<property name="assignee"/>
</tableDisplay>
</objectSet>

Attaching an image showing how it might looks like in Teamcenter

Mahendra

Hi Mahendra

Thanks for the information. But I do not want the table display.

Without table display, I wanted to show multiple entries in a box.

Right now I am using table display for multiple values like you have given for Change Review Board

Ambuj

Phenom
Phenom

Instead you can use the ListDisplay.

By doing this, all you will see ? for each participant instead of the user details

To address this, you may have to configure the DisplayName business constant on Participant object to show the group member information of the user

If this doesnt workout for you, only other option I can think of is Runtime property

Mahendra