Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Query is not working properly.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Hi all ,

I have a custom queries which are created for using on the AWC. Let me to explain the problem more detailed.

I have a two users they are "dorse" and "modul" , they are in the some group but different roles.And also i have a property which is "Imalat Merkezi" , this is used for seperating the works on the shop-floor. You can find the query example (DORSE_IMALAT) below.

2019-07-16_17h43_23.png

In the AWC , the user "dorse" only can reach the DORSE_IMALAT query to search project. That query should show that , if the any item revision has a property IMALAT MERKEZI=DORSE.IMALAT , then i search it according to the project id , i can see the result according to the query criterias.

Problem is starting after that point ;

the dorse user is create a new item revision then add the property DORSE.IMALAT to IMALAT MERKEZI . Then dorse user assaign it to a project which is PRJ-AWC-TEST . In that project , dorse and modul users are added in that project.

2019-07-16_17h55_58.png

There is no problem about on that point. If i assaign the item to projects(PRJ-AWC-TEST) , these dorse and modul users have been added to same project , that query can not work properly. As far as i know the acces of project is more powerfull accessor.

If i search that project with the modul user in AWC , he/she was be able to reach the that item which has IMALAT MERKEZI=DORSE.IMALAT , i expect that modul user are not able to see that item.because the modul user is not able to reach the DORSE.IMALAT query.

2019-07-17_09h56_52.png

Is there a way to provide it ? If the dorse user do not assiagn the item rev to project there is no problem , i can get what i want.

2019-07-17_09h45_11.png

Could you help me please ? I hope , explained the problem as detailed.

Best Regards

Gurkan

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Query is not working properly.

@GurkanAlkan I do not understand your access rules configuration.  If you will repost the ACL Control List image and include the field out to the right (the Named ACL column) we might be able to suggest a change.

Solution Partner Legend

Hi @CraigPoulson ,

Thanks for response.

Actually i have not prepare a custom ACL for the projects. I have created a data sheet to explain problem detailed. Could you check it please ? You can find the ACL below.

2019-07-17_17h37_39.png

Best Regards

Gurkan

Hi @GurkanAlkan I am not able to understand step 3.

1. login as cnc

2. using the query named, DORSE_IMALAT

3. in the Project field, if you enter PRJ-AWC-TEST, the query returns nothing?

no.

You are saying cnc is unable to access the query named, DORSE_IMALAT?

Solution Partner Legend

Hi @CraigPoulson  ,

Yes i logged in with cnc user ,then that user can not reach the query of DORSE.IMALAT , because of that reason that user only see YAN.IMALAT. According to the YAN.IMALAT query's search criterias , If the value of the IMALAT MERKEZI=YAN.IMALAT , that user can reach the item revision which provide that condition. After typing the project name PRJ-AWC-TEST then click search icon , cnc user reaches all the item revisions which are assign to mentioned project. There is a problem on that point , according to the search criteria , cnc user should only the item revision in project which has IMALAT.MERKEZI=YAN.IMALAT. I hope i explained it well.

Best Regards

Gurkan

It sounds like user, dorse is presented with a different list of Quick Acces Queries than the user, cnc.

Is that correct?

If so, do you have multiple instances of the Quick_Access_Queries Preference?

Solution Partner Legend

Hi @CraigPoulson  ,

Actually i have not created a specific preference for protection:user (dorse and cnc).I use the default preferences that is Quick_Access_Queries. You can find the preferences information below .

2019-07-19_11h54_37.png

Should i create a new preferences which are referenced by quick_access_queries for each user ?

İf the answer is "Yes" , could you share how can i do that please ?

Best Regards

Gurkan

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

Remove the user entry L10N key from the second line of your query.  The user entry name should blank automatically when you do this.  Your query should be as shown below:

000294.png

It looks like when you are using the query as a quick access query then the only user entry that gets populated is the one specified in the preference.  So effectively when run as a quick access your default value isn't being populated in the query criteria unless the user entry is blank.

Solution Partner Legend

FYI ,

That query is working properly if i use the advance search tab. I could not understand what is the difference between these two tabs. I use the same queries to search something.

Best Regards

Gurkan

Siemens Phenom Siemens Phenom
Siemens Phenom

The quick search is only expecting to substitute a single user supplied value into the query.  In your case this is the project.

When you use advanced search you get prompted for all the user values.  This includes the default value for a5_ImalatMerkezi you specified in the query.