cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Querying database failed

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I was trying to update a template via Envirnoment Manager. At update database (Full model) i got an error. Can anyone witnessed this issue and solved it.

With regards,

Srinidhi 

TC9.1/NX 8.5

Teamcenter 9.1/11.2 Customizing

5 REPLIES

Re: Querying database failed

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Make sure your database is running before launching TEM. In a Tc command window run the following:

install -ayt

You should see "Site is already installed". If you don't see this message then there is a problem connecting to the database.

Also, ensure that the FSC service is running then launch TEM to install your template.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks a lot Randy. I have checked it. Still it is not working. I restarted the services and have got the same problem again.

Regards,

Chene

Solution Partner Phenom

Can you give me a little history lession about this installation? Is it a clone? Was it working previously?

Best,

/Randy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey,

I am using a virtual box to deploy templates and test, before it is deployed on the main system. It was working prefectly previous until i made snapshot of the virtual machine. The new snapshot has this issue and isnt working. 

regards,

Srinidhi

Solution Partner Phenom

The snapshot might have corrupted shared memory. The first file you should look at is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\bmide_manage_template.syslog. It will probably mention a X.mem or X.mem.lck error. If the below doesn't solve your problem then please post the error from the syslog.

The solution is to stop ALL services/processes and delete the shared memory directory. The shared memory directory (default) will be at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\V10000.1.0.20130604.00 (your Vnnnnn.n.n.nnnn number may vary). Then start FSC and try the TEM deployment again.

By the way, preferences shared memory should be disabled until Tc11.2 (see SFB-Teamcenter-8568) using TC_USE_PREFS_SHARED_MEMORY=FALSE.

Best,

/Randy