Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Querying database failed

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hello,

I was trying to update a template via Envirnoment Manager. At update database (Full model) i got an error. Can anyone witnessed this issue and solved it.

With regards,

Srinidhi 

TC9.1/NX 8.5

Teamcenter 9.1/11.2 Customizing

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Querying database failed

Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor
Solution Partner Esteemed Contributor

Make sure your database is running before launching TEM. In a Tc command window run the following:

install -ayt

You should see "Site is already installed". If you don't see this message then there is a problem connecting to the database.

Also, ensure that the FSC service is running then launch TEM to install your template.

Best,

/Randy

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi,

Thanks a lot Randy. I have checked it. Still it is not working. I restarted the services and have got the same problem again.

Regards,

Chene

Can you give me a little history lession about this installation? Is it a clone? Was it working previously?

Best,

/Randy

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hey,

I am using a virtual box to deploy templates and test, before it is deployed on the main system. It was working prefectly previous until i made snapshot of the virtual machine. The new snapshot has this issue and isnt working. 

regards,

Srinidhi

The snapshot might have corrupted shared memory. The first file you should look at is %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\bmide_manage_template.syslog. It will probably mention a X.mem or X.mem.lck error. If the below doesn't solve your problem then please post the error from the syslog.

The solution is to stop ALL services/processes and delete the shared memory directory. The shared memory directory (default) will be at %USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\Temp\V10000.1.0.20130604.00 (your Vnnnnn.n.n.nnnn number may vary). Then start FSC and try the TEM deployment again.

By the way, preferences shared memory should be disabled until Tc11.2 (see SFB-Teamcenter-8568) using TC_USE_PREFS_SHARED_MEMORY=FALSE.

Best,

/Randy

Siemens Experimenter Siemens Experimenter
Siemens Experimenter

Hello Srinidhi,

The error you are getting seems to be related database connection issue. Could you please check if you are able to connect to the database server??

If you have database on the same server, then please check if sqlplus <teamcenter database user id>/<password>@<oracle_sid> works fine.

If database is on the other server, then make sure listener is running on the database server and you are able to connect to the database port by using telnet <db server ip address/hostname> <listener port number..by default 1521 in case of oracle>

FYI, the database details are fetched by the tem.bat from the configuration.xml file under %TC_ROOT%\install directory.

Regards,

Raghu