Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Question about Teamcenter integrations: IPEM Creo, NX etc.

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend

Can someone please tell if "Applet free SSO" works in the teamcenter integrations like IPEM integration for Creo, NX or Solidworks etc. ?

If yes, what programming technique is used there ?

I use SOA API for Integration developement and GTAC has told us that there's no SOA API for applet-free-SSO login. This is currently an ER.

This is why I am curious to know if this works in other integrations.

3 REPLIES

Re: Question about Teamcenter integrations: IPEM Creo, NX etc.

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
I have applet-free SSO installed and running (a.k.a. Kerberos) in Tc11.2.3.1. It works with SWIM. Users can launch Teamcenter or SolidWorks (managed) and Kerberos performs the authentication based on their OS user name. It requires TCCS (configurations). SWIM and IPEM integrations are provided from the same developer and look identical so I'm positive IPEM supports it as well as SWIM. I also have NX which has no issues running NX Manager. No programming required (only install and config).

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Legend
Thanks Randy for the response.

You need only configuration because you are the end-user of those integrations. But I am sure the developers of those integrations must have used some programming. We, at XPLM, develope such TC-CAD Integrations using SOA API; so my question was as a developer.

In the integrations we developed, we already support login to applet-based SSO. The same SOA program failed once I configured applet free SSO (so of course TCCS for 4T RAC). That's when I contacted GTAC and then they said that SOA doesn't yet support applet-free SSO. This is currently an ER.

Now I can ask GTAC what technique is used behind these integrations. If I get an answer, it could be my alternate solution till the ER is resolved.

Solution Partner Legend
I would better say, I got part of the information with your answer. Need to look out for the other part now.