Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on the ActiveWorkspace

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hello, I have a few questions on ActiveWorkspace:

1) What is the difference between ActiveWorkspace and ActiveWorkspaceRetail? What should we use if we use Teamcenter 11.2.3 (not RapidStart)?

2) Are ActiveWorkspace 4.0 and 4.0.2 compatible with Teamcenter 11.2.3? I looked at GTAC Internal Interoperability - Teamcenter Compatibility Matrix and did not find this information there. But on the Siemens PLM Download Server in the Teamcenter11 -> ActiveWorkspace section I find versions 4.0 and 4.0.2 and the file names contain
Tc11.2.3, for example Tc11.2.3_ActiveWorkspace4.0_wntx64.zip.

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Questions on the ActiveWorkspace

Gears Phenom

@ArthurRM

1. You want just Active Workspace unless you are using the Retail module in your TC environment.

2. They are both compatible. What you will find sometimes with AWC is that you can install the newer version with an older version of TC, both do not need to be patched at the same time. When doing this, depending on what is released with AWC, you will not get some of the additional features until you come up the the specific TC patch that also introduces a specific functionality but AWC will work without those added features. 

Jamie

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA

Genius
Genius

Hello;

@ArthurRMAs of the second question, it is compatible with 11.2.3 or later.

BR.

Gears Phenom

Hi @Jamie_Griffisthank you for your answer, can you explain more about Retail module or give a link where I can read about it?

@JFK1963 thank you for your answer!

Gears Phenom

@ArthurRM - I've never worked with the Retail module. I don't want to download the media to figure it out. But maybe this is a link you can start with and hunt it down. https://docs.plm.automation.siemens.com/data_services/resources/rfa_aw/4.0/rfa_user_pdf_collection/t...

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA