Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

References in Active Workspace

Pioneer
Pioneer

Hi all,

I have a situation where sometimes a single drawing needs to be associated with multiple parts. For example, a charted drawing detailing many OTS components. When doing this in TC, I keep the drawing under a separate item and copy the drawings an parts onto eachother as references, either at the item level or the item revision level. I've a attached a picture of what this looks like in the rich client.

In the rich client, this works great. The parts and drawings will show up on where referenced reports in Impact analysis, and it is immediately clear to other users that the connection exists, just by looking at the item (or item revision). 

I'm running Rapid Start 11.4 and AWC 3.4.

In Active workspace, however, I am having trouble finding those references. They don't show up on the where used tab under references. I'm not sure where else to look. 

I've considered creating a BVR for the drawing and placing the part item revisions as children, which seems to work, but I'd like to avoid that extra step if possible. Any advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks,

-Aaron

5 REPLIES

Re: References in Active Workspace

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Did you select the Active Workspace Relationship Viewer option when installing AW? 

Jamie

Pioneer
Pioneer

We actually had a provider do the initial install for us. I just checked features in TEM, and it looks like it is not installed. Is there anything special I need to do beyond installing Active WorkspaceClientRelationship Browser and Active WorkspaceServer ExtensionsRelationship Viewer?

-Aaron

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Depends on what relations you are using. If you have (edit) customer relations or any they didn't include in the relation conf file, then you'll need to add them to the conf file. Look at AW3.4 Configuration and Extensibility guide, Chapter 3 - Relations configuration for the details. Once you get it installed, let me know if you need more help.

Jamie

Pioneer
Pioneer

Thanks Jamie, will do. 

Pioneer
Pioneer

Jamie, thanks for your help. Relationship browser installed without issue, and solved my problem.