cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Releasing proceeding revisions in a workflow

Creator
Creator

Hi all,

Does anyone have a suggestion on what handler to use to accomplish the following:

I have a workflow that I would to set up to release the target revision to production and obsolete the proceeding revision(s) using the same workflow.

I have been using the EPM-attach-related-objects but no luck.  I'm having trouble telling the worklfow to release the proceeding revisions to obsolete. I can get the target revision to release to production.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

EE

8 REPLIES

Re: Releasing proceeding revisions in a workflow

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

If you're using Change Management then the process is fairly simple. However, if you're just using Workflow then it will be difficult. Also, we'll need to know which Teamcenter version you're using as different versions enable differing functionality.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Creator
Creator

I'm using Teamcenter 8.3. I'd like to accomplish this using a workflow if possible.

Genius
Genius

Did you try OOTB handler: TCX-release-previous-itemrevs 

Description:
Sets a status on the current revision's preceding item revisions, dependent on their current status. Subsequently, the specified item revisions can optionally be sent into a workflow.

Ref Thread: https://community.plm.automation.siemens.com/t5/Teamcenter-Administrators-Forum/Automatically-obsole...

Solution Partner Phenom

TCX-release-previous-itemrevs is not available until Tc10.1 and they are on Tc8.3.

Creator
Creator

Like Randy mentioned we are using Teamcenter 8.3 and TCX-release-previous-itemrevs handler is not available. 

Pioneer
Pioneer

TCX-release-previous-itemrev is available in TC8.3.

It even gets migrated to the appropiate TCRS* handler when upgrading to TC10.1

I do not know if it has to be "enabled" in some kind.

Thomas Zwatz, CADadmin, PÖTTINGER Landtechnik GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP11 + TC10.1.7.1
Testing: NX10.0.3.5 MP17, NX11.0.2.7 MP02 + TC10.1.7.1
Development: C#

Solution Partner Phenom

Thomas, TCX-release-previous-itemrev is available in TcRS and not in Tc. They were not merged until Tc10.1.x. You could review the online docs (and not the TcEAV tool) for validation except that versions is too old. Luckily, I have the Workflow Designer Guide from Tc8.3 and am able to see that those (TcRS or TCX [express]) handlers do not exist in Tc8.3. I've attached a picture of the list of action handlers.

Best,

/Randy

Pioneer
Pioneer

Randy, you are completely right ...

It is not in the documentation, and it is "unsupported" for a non-TCX customer in TC8.3

But it is [was] there ... I can not remember doing anything special to have it available.

And I had to use the documentation for TC8.3 on the GTAC website to find documentation regarding this handler, it did not come with a standard documentation-install.

The pic from the TcEAV tool (6.2) is showing a workflow template set up in TC8.3.3.(9 I guess) from myself, being neither "Teamcenter Express" nor "TC Rapid Start" customer.

The used TC8.3 release is mentioned in the bottom line, and as being said before: this workflow template got migrated to TC10.1 without any problems.

Thomas Zwatz, CADadmin, PÖTTINGER Landtechnik GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3.5 MP11 + TC10.1.7.1
Testing: NX10.0.3.5 MP17, NX11.0.2.7 MP02 + TC10.1.7.1
Development: C#