Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Remote FSC Configuration Suggestions

Folks,

I am trying to understand the Remote FSC configurations and would remain thankful if someone can provide some clarifications.

What  i am trying to achieve is to share only certain data to the remote sites, so that the users will be able to access the files locally than over WAN. Based on the documentation, there as numerous configurations. But most of them says the commonly / frequently used files or recently uploaded or downloaded files.

My confusion is, What is the configuration i must use in order to specify only certain data to be cached overnight or when the updates are made to the remote sites.

Thank you for your time and attention.

Cheers !

Teamcenter 10.1.3
TC Visualization 10.1.3 (Custom Patch)
NX:8.5 | NX 9.02 | Catia V5 R2012 | AutoCAD 2015 | In-Context Editor |
5 REPLIES

Re: Remote FSC Configuration Suggestions

Any pointers please ? Is there a way to restrict only set of data is cached in an remote office instead of Frequently Used Files / Recent Upload or Downloads at a master FSC Server ?

Cheers !

Teamcenter 10.1.3

I assume you've already talked with GTAC. The only way I know of to restrict files is by file extension. Like all JT's are written to a separate volume. I don't know of any way to accomplish your needs.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Are you referring to "prepopulating" a remote FSC cache? If so, you can choose specific Items & Revisions to cache at those remote locations and keep them up-to-date.  The Tc Help docs mention the required FSC and PLMXML related utilities.  You'd have to write a script containing those commands and schedule it to run on a regular basis (nightly?) to push latest versions of the data to remote FSC caches.

Larry Carpenter, P.E.
CAxPLM Architect @ Siemens Molecular Imaging
Past Board Member @ PLM World, Inc,

Thank you Randy for your swift response, I have not spoken to GTAC yet. Will let you know their feedback.
Teamcenter 10.1.3

Larry, Many thanks for your response. It's an interesting solution and will have to explore more about the utilities and the script. But i was hoping if there is an OOTB configuration i might be overlooking.
Teamcenter 10.1.3