Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Request to simplify TcVis configuration

Gears Esteemed Contributor Gears Esteemed Contributor
Gears Esteemed Contributor

I have always found that the complex way of having separate settings for each localization TcVis is supporting, overcomplicats everything.

I have now created an incident report to get rid of this nonsense.

If you also think things could be made easier, ask GTAC to get added to this request.

IR# 9140624 - TcVis is not saving one configuration for all languages

TcVis is not saving one set of configuration settings for all supported languages.
This makes it impossible to share one set of settings for different languages used by the users.
In addition this also makes it harder to share settings with service engineers, when the customer uses a different localization than English.
I see not any sense in this overcomplicated way of storing application settings for each language separately.
It is already hard enough to deploy common settings for all users due to relying on registry exports.
This also makes it nearly impossible to update settings for all users if need is.
Thanks in advance for using a modern approach to handle application settings instead of the ancient one currently,
Stefan

Have a pleasant one.

Stefan Pendl, Systemmanager CAx, HAIDLMAIR GmbH
Production: NX10.0.3, VERICUT 8.1, FBM, MRL 3.1.7 | TcUA 10.1 MP7 Patch 0 (10.1.7.0) | TcVis 11.4
Development: C (ITK), .NET, Tcl/Tk Testing: NX12.0 | AWC 3.4 Preparing: NX12.0

Employees of the customers, together we are strong ;)
How to Get the Most from Your Signature in the Community
NX Customization - Best Practice Guide