cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restricting cut access on bomline through access manager

Solution Partner Experimenter Solution Partner Experimenter
Solution Partner Experimenter

Hi,

I need to restrict cut access on first level children of an assembly. However, sub-children can be added to these first level bom lines

A
|-----B
|      |-----D
|      |-----E
|-----C
|      |------F
               |------G

i.e. B,C bomlines should not be removed from assembly,but children can be added to B,C.
Here A is bom line of particular item type.

Is it possible to achieve this through access manager?
Or is there any other configuration to achieve this?

Thanks & Regards,
Anjali Singh

5 REPLIES

Re: Restricting cut access on bomline through access manager

Genius
Genius

Hi Anjali,

This is a interesting requirement, you need to remove CUT privileges on first level but retain EDIT privileges.

ACM uses ACL to govern security access.  ACL entries are like 'READ, WRITE, DEL, etc'. ACL doesn't have anything exclusively for CUT. If you restrict WRITE, then you wont be able to add children.

I dont think its feasible in ACM. 

I wonder what is the rational behind this requirement.

Regards

Naveen

Experimenter
Experimenter

Hi Anjali,

I dont think it is possible through ACL, certainly when in context of level.

Would suggest you to go for BOMLIne_cut extension and implement a post action to meet this requirement.

Thanks,

Prasmit

Genius
Genius

If you have possibillity to use different item types for A and B level maybe you can use a GRM rule to set Changeability to 'Add only'. I haven't tested it myself.

2016-05-25_10-58-53-521.png

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Assuming, No modifications to the first level children either it can be an addition or deletion.

Release the BVR of A, then first level children of A cannot be modified. At the same time you can add/delete from B/C.

Thanks
Phani Ryali

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom

Create 2 groups: Group A and Group B.

For Group A users, allow write access on Item Revision 'A' and its BVR. Explicitly revoke world access on Item Revision 'A' for World.

As a consequence, Group B (which is world now) will not have access to save modifications to structure under 'A'. 

For Group B: allow write access on Item Revision 'B' and its BVR. Explicitly revoke world access on Item Revision 'B' for World....so users in Group B can save the structure modifications under 'B'.

The assumption is: at no time Item Revision of type 'A' will be a child of Item Revision 'B' and so on.

Best Regards

Harish