Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Revision

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi.

A new revision has been created (see below), but the model hasn't revised with the draft and pdf.

How do I revised the model so that it moves to revision A?

Capture.JPG

4 REPLIES

Re: Revision

Genius
Genius
You need to set up Rules in BMIDE

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

Hi.

Is this Solid Edge files? Are you doing the revise in the RAC? If it is SE data, I suggest doing the revise with SE or Structure Editor because it handles the datasets correctly. If that is not an option, you need to look at your deep copy rules in BMIDE for this item type. You can add new deep copy rules to handle each dataset type to copy as object or copy as reference or no copy when you do a revise or save as. If you do add these rules you should test out each case from Teamcenter and again from SE to make sure it is behaving as you are expecting.

Jamie

Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi Jamie.

Thaks for your detailed response.

This is a part that was done a while ago and because we want to do a similar part, we would do a 'save as'.

That's why it has been noticed.  I think they were uploaded to teamcenter seperately but are still linked.

I was thinking there must be a way to move the rev(-) into rev (A) and everything would be to rev 'A'.

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

I guess if you are asking how you can fix this one now, I'd say you need to do it manually. Export out the part dataset from (-) somwhere on your machine. Then drag & drop it back into TC on (A), make sure the dataset name is correct with the /A at the end.

Also, my suggestion is to lock down your revisions with a status and only have one open working revision at a time, but that is a different issue but could get SE confused.

Jamie