Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Rich client login failure after metacache regeneration

Dear Experts !

I peformed a metacache regeneration on my test setup for Tc10.1.6 for some performance issues. Ever since then I am unable to login. The syslogs show the users logged in, but the client and RAC logs show "Access is denied." error message. The UI will simply not launch.

I have tried with multiple user accounts, but so far only infodba and another system user (also with default group & role : dba) works.

Webclient however, shows no problems.

Could someone please help with this ?

P.S: I have tried clearing client cache, restarting servers, BMIDE deploy & creation of new users but to no avail !

6 REPLIES

Re: Rich client login failure after metacache regeneration

This sounds like a license issue or the databse is locked. In a teamcenter command window, run:

install -unlock_db -u=infodba -p=infodba -g=dba

Restart server manager and try to login as a normal user. That should resolve any error related to the database being locked. For licensing, restart the FlexLM service and check the license log. It will note any problems with licensing that may need to be resolved.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

[ Edited ]

Uploading the screenshots and log files. Could you please take a look ?

Also, I noticed, if default group for a user is 'dba', only then it is able to login. Same user with a non-dba default group sees the issue...

I looked. The attached zip contains a screen shot only which isn't helpful. It states the error four times and looks like something you created not the system. Is this your customization?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11.0.1.mp01 | SW 2016 | TcUA 11.2.3
Evaluating:AW 3.2

Hi Randy !

Thanks for your comments and suggestions !

Uploaded the missing files. Hope they are useful...

I came across another observation. I tried running the metacache regeneration commands one after the other, through a batch file. The logs (see attachment) showed FSC initialization issues...

"FSC_Init error: 7 CURLE_COULDNT_CONNECT: The destination server is offline or unreachable on this network. "

I saw similar statements in multiple lines and figured that the regeneration did not work. And as expected, continued to get the login error.

However, after a couple of retries, finally used the commands, one at a time and was able to complete properly. This time login worked for both 2&4-tiers.

May be running these commands through a batch script was'nt a great idea afterall. Or did I just miss something important ?

Could you please share some thoughts on this ?

BR/Dev

The tcserver syslog shows the errors starting up after your custom DLL is loaded:

Loaded module d:\app\teamcenter\bin\libhm.dll (line 566).

The generate_client_meta_cache syslog also shows an error reading the Textserv_de_DE.zip file:

ERROR - 2016/6/13-12:08:54.810 UTC - NoId - 14112 - +++ClientCacheManager::uploadFile [IMF_import_file] failed for the input file, [E:\Logs\Teamcenter\TcServer\Textserv_de_DE.zip]. (line 3247)

As a first step, I'd remove the custom DLL and retry the client. If it still fails, take a look at the TextServ_de_DE.zip file to see if you can determine what the problem is there.

Arden Bedell | Teamcenter Wonk | Applied CAx, LLC

Hi Madhu,

>>>> Error code 1020190 caught in file "D:\workdir\tc1016w0315_win64\src\core\ss\ss_prinfo.cxx" at line number 1261
ERROR - 2016/6/13-07:36:44.872 UTC - SRV12362.06948.UnknownClient.00001 - 1146 - Could not load the Entry Point Function Ptr <libvm_register_callbacks> for the Custom Library <libvm> - Teamcenter.CoreModelGeneral.tccore at

Your syslog is saying that it is not able to load custom library successfully. It looks like that your 2T set-up is out of sync. BO are making calls to custom functions which are not found in your 2Tsetup. Make sure all custom libraries are deployed correctly in your 2T environment. Make sure your custom libraries are built on homogenous platfrom (32/64 bit).

Web browser client uses server manager libraries. I feel custom libraries might have loaded successfully in servermgr tier.

You said that you did successfull BMIDE deployment. Did you build your custom libs from BMIDE ? Where was the deployment done from (which tier)? Cold deployment ?

PS:I believe you are using 2TRac and 4T web client for same database.

Regards

Naveen