Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Run SAP transaction from Teamcenter UI

Hello everyone,

We have integrated SAP with Teamcenter 11.3 using T4S 11.3 at a customer. I wanted to know if there is a way to run SAP transactions (Eg. Transaction to view SAP Project costing data) from Teamcenter UI itself and be able to see the result/ data from the transaction into the SAP Data View configured in TC.

And if possible where can i find the necessary pre-reqs and configuration information.

Thank you in advance.

3 REPLIES

Re: Run SAP transaction from Teamcenter UI

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
I think you initiate the transaction via workflow. You may need to uncomment or edit some things in T4S to enable the transaction for updating SAP costing data. At worst you would need to create the mapping. Then configure the DataView to run the SQL query and display the results. Likely would need to be added via TCL. Docs should be included in the media and if not then downloadable from Siemens however authentication for their download page isn't working at the moment so I can't give you more complete information.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4

Solution Partner Creator Solution Partner Creator
Solution Partner Creator

Dear Randy,

Thank you for your answer, I think I need to add the following. The transaction ( S_ALR_87013558 )

that i want to run doesnot write data into SAP. This transaction is basically a report that displayes various cost related information for a selected project.

Roughly, the procedure in SAP is as follows,

1. User runs the transaction S_ALR_87013558 in SAP.

2. A dialog box opens and asks user to select a project from a list for which the report is to be run.

3.User selects a project, and the data is displayed in tabular format. 

For example, columns displayed in the report are,

1) Budget cost (value from SAP table)

2) Actual cost (value from SAP table)

3)Commitment (value from SAP table)

4)Assigned (calculated using formula)

5)Available (calculated using formula)

Project in SAP is similar to schedule in TC.

Therefore a vague idea of the behaviour we are looking for is something as below,

Scenario 1

1.User will select a schedule in TC (Schedule ID will be same as project ID in SAP)

2.User will click a button in UI, a dialog box will open, the transaction S_ALR_87013558 will run in background for the project selected and the result will be displayed in the dialog box.

OR

Scenario 2

1.User will select a schedule in TC (Schedule ID will be same as project ID in SAP).

2.User will click on SAPData View tab, the information given in the report will be directly displayed in the SAPDataView itself.

Snapshot of the report in SAP

image.png

Hope this helps.

Once again, thank you in advance.

Regards,

Sanket Pusalkar.

Solution Partner Honored Contributor Solution Partner Honored Contributor
Solution Partner Honored Contributor
This sounds like it would be a customization. You would need to write TCL to submit the query to SAP and to display the results in a tabular format. Likely, a tab in SAPDataView, the user would select the project from an LOV which would then submit to S_ALR_87013558. The formatting for the expected results would be hard coded in TCL so any changes to the report in SAP would require that TCL be changed as well. In other words, this isn't a good fit since you want the integration to be as care-free as possible unless you have a group of developers needing work. Unless the benefits outweigh the risk and the work to maintain it?

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4