Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SEEC (ST9) Teamcenter Integration

Siemens Pioneer Siemens Pioneer
Siemens Pioneer

Hello Experts,

In RAC, the custom object 'object_desc' is a mandatory LOV property.
Coming to SEEC TC integration, while saving the model to TC, able to see custom properties and then select values for all custom columns.

Though 'Item.Description' column in Format Columns window is seen, in Save to TC window, able to see only Dataset Description column with textbox entry.

Users not able to opt the object_desc here and therefore the object creation to TC is not happening.

Snapshots attached.

Please guide.

Thank you!

9 REPLIES 9

Re: SEEC (ST9) Teamcenter Integration

Gears Phenom Gears Phenom
Gears Phenom

@NagaSantoshK  - dataset description isn't the same as the Item Revision "object_desc" normally. Did you try to map the 2 together? Looking at the screenshot, I'd say you don't have object_desc mapped into SEEC. Can you share the attribute mapping or a section of it to show please?

Jamie Griffis | PLM Solution Architect | Engineering USA

Siemens Pioneer
Thank you @Jamie_Griffis for your prompt reponse.

Could you help for the file name and location of SEEC props_mapping file ?
Is that available in TC_DATA ?

Thanks!

Gears Phenom

@NagaSantoshK  - mappings are stored in the database. It depends on your TC Admin (is that you?) if they keep the attr mapping files when they are changed. But what is currently set can be exported to be viewed in a text file. On the server (or a computer that has access to TC_DATA & TC_ROOT) because you need to open or set a TC CMD prompt. 

Open TC CMD Prompt, type in:

export_attr_mapping -u={dba_username} -p={dba_password} -g=dba -file={location i/e: D:\temp\export_mappings_07152019.txt}

Siemens Pioneer

@Jamie_Griffis 

Sharing the Mapping file.

Please guide.

Thank you!

Gears Phenom

@NagaSantoshK  - nothing is mapped for SE to TC. Usually there will be a bunch mapped like specific properties, mass/weight, owning user, etc. You are currently just getting the standard default mappings. In your Solid Edge templates, decide for each one what the property name would be that would map to a TC property. Then you need to update your templates in TC with the new SE templates. In the attribute mapping, add the mappings that are defined for each SE type (part, assembly, draft). Once that is done, you'll upload the attribute mappings to TC (import_attr_mappings). Once that is done, SEEC will read them.

In the SEEC ST9 Admin Guide, Section 8 will give you all the details of how to map with examples. It has a good description of all the syntax to make a mapping.

This is just an example of how you could do the object_desc. This line would need to be located under each SE type. 

ItemRev_Desc:ItemRevision.object_desc /master=both /description=”ItemRevision Description”

AttMap1.PNG

Siemens Pioneer
@Jamie_Griffis
Thank you so much for the timely info!
Shall try that as suggested and update.

Regards!

Siemens Pioneer

@Jamie_Griffis

We tried with the mapping file changes and tried in SEEC.
Object_Desc property is seen in SEEC save page, but not as an LOV.
Attaching snapshots.
Could you share your inputs ?

Thanks!

Gears Phenom

@NagaSantoshK  - is your LOV exhaustive or suggestive or dynamic? Suggestive & dynamic LOV's don't work with SEEC the last I tried. I know they've been working to get dynamic LOV's to work, I'm not sure that happened in ST9 or not. You might have to call in a ticket with the SEEC Gtac folks if your LOV is exhaustive because it should work. It could be a limitation also on object description but I wouldn't understand why. 

Siemens Pioneer
Thanks @Jamie_Griffis

'Item.object_desc' is attached with exhaustive LOV.
sure. will post ticket to GTAC.
Thanks for your timely help.