Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

SOA: Finding BOMLines ONLY from first level in PS

[ Edited ]

Hi,

I am using SOA API CreateBOMWindows as the first step to expand PS. This gives me BOMLines of ALL the components (i.e. traverses all levels)  in the structure. This causes performance problems in large assemblies.

Is there anyway to get ONLY the Parent BOMLine OR at least BOMLines of only first level ?

4 REPLIES

Re: Finding BOMLines ONLY from first level in Product Sructure

You could add a column in Structure Manager called "Level" which will display you each level in the structure starting from 0,1... Top most level is level 0, next is level 1 and so on.

Whichever level you select for expanding is considered as Level 0. So you could theoretically select and expand the structure only to certain level.

Hope this helps!

Re: Finding BOMLines ONLY from first level in Product Sructure

Thanks Arun! I am actually looking for a solution in SOA API.

Re: SOA: Finding BOMLines ONLY from first level in PS

I am not sure of the exact context, but to Expand one level of PS you may use expandPSOneLevel.

virtual
Teamcenter:Smiley Frustratedervices::Cad::_2007_01:Smiley Frustratedtructuremanagement::ExpandPSOneLevelResponse expandPSOneLevel (const Teamcenter:Smiley Frustratedervices::Cad::_2007_01:Smiley Frustratedtructuremanagement::ExpandPSOneLevelInfo &input, const Teamcenter:Smiley Frustratedervices::Cad::_2007_01:Smiley Frustratedtructuremanagement::ExpandPSOneLevelPref &pref)=0

Re: SOA: Finding BOMLines ONLY from first level in PS

Yes exactly, the NEXT step is to use expandPSOneLevel. But before this, we need ParentBOMLine as input. And my problem is at this step:

to get ParentBOMLine, the only way I know is CreateBOMWindow. CreateBOMWindow returns BOMLines upto the full depth of PS, which  causes performance issues in case of large assemblies. So I am looking for a way to find ONLY the parent BOMLine. If not, only the BOMLines of level 1.