Cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO Login Page Java Error

Dear Listers,

We have done an TcSecurity Services ( SSO setup ) and when we get on to the login page we get the following message as attached.

I have checked the JRE it is 1.7.1 that is running on the command prompt and is a 64 bit arch

The internet explorer browser is also 64 bit.

When I run the same on Mozilla(firefox) it works. Are there any setting specific to Internet explorer. The standard coreload for the users is Explorer 11

Is there any documentation. I have searched GTAC but could not get any solution.

Regards

Vilas

2 REPLIES

Re: SSO Login Page Java Error

Solution Partner Legend Solution Partner Legend
Solution Partner Legend
For SSO you need to install JRE 32 bit. Then once you start IE (64 bit is ok) for first time, it asks you to enable Java plugin SSV helper, say yes to it. Then in IE-Settngs-Manage Add-ons, you should see SSV helper and Java plugin enabled for 32 & 64 bit.
Also add the server URL (http://serverSmiley Tongueort) to Trusted Sites on IE and in Exception Site list on security tab of Java Control Panel.
This should solve the problem.

Re: SSO Login Page Java Error

Solution Partner Phenom Solution Partner Phenom
Solution Partner Phenom
TcSS install/config is dependent on the Tc version. The old TcSS installation relies on a java plugin that can only run in IEx86 which is why you need both x86 and x64 JRE's installed. Other browsers stopped supporting the java applet so only IE will work which is why TcSS has been redesigned to use an agent (runs in the systray) instead of the browser plugin. Using Kerberos is another method.

We are in a transition period w/TcSS where three different flavors are live:
- IE java plugin
- Kerberos
- Agent

@Amol_XPLM correctly states the steps for resolving TcSS issues for the plugin method.

Randy Ellsworth, Teamcenter Architect, Applied CAx, LLC
NX 11 | SW 2016 | Creo 4 | TcUA 11.4
Evaluating: AW 3.4